• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pardon the intrusion...I need your thumbs. Donating $1 to the ASPCA for every thumb on this post, up to 200 thumbs / $200. It's not an ad; not selling anything - just raising thumbs. Only have 138 and need 200 by midnight ET tomorrow 30 Nov. Thank you.

Already thumbed a couple of days ago, and I hope everyone here does the same. It's just a mouse click, no obligation, no cost. Please do it.

It's important to have friends from other species.
smile.gif

Cheers,

Ac

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some amazing fits.

For Grenadine ties, is there any reason to go with a finer weave vs the "Garza Grossa" ? Seems like the former negates the point, thought I cant imagine they're not interchangeable for the same occasions/outfits.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What you guys think of this look!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Good Lord

Some amazing fits.

For Grenadine ties, is there any reason to go with a finer weave vs the "Garza Grossa" ? Seems like the former negates the point, thought I cant imagine they're not interchangeable for the same occasions/outfits.

Yes. The looser weave is more likely to catch on nails, loose skin, women's earrings etc
Seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shows u how saturated the world is with Americana.   Maybe I subliminally knew it from your sig, but as soon as I saw this pic I though 'Frisco'.  I've neva been there.    Awsm look jc

:cheers:

I always like seeing a bit of the landscape in people's pics. This is a quiet alleyway near our place where the light is nice, and moreover I have plenty of room to #menswearwalk ;)

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice. I think the choice of grey trousers there helps cool down the shoes (which look much more like snuff, perhaps not surprisingly).

Yep, I think you're right. With the lighter tan flannel the warm factor is probably too high. I wore them with dark jeans in a fit I posted in casual waywrn the other day and that worked well too.

Last edited:

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some amazing fits.

I prefer fina. Grossa skews casual to me, and at that point I'd rather choose a silk knit.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

u made that tie, EFV?  I've been looking for something like that in a solid teal for yonks.  That looks beautiful.

Don't know. Depends on when it's from. A friend and I started making ties ourselves a couple of years ago. Then we involved a seamstress to meet the demand. It kinda died out since I didn't have the time to keep it going then (it was a hobby that started to take up a LOT of time). It was a lot of fun though.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fall colors while continuing to look for ways to incorporate the snuff.

Very nice! Only thing I'd change is the collar, less rounded on your next (I assume luxire) order.

Some amazing fits.

Fina/piccola works easily in a more business context, whereas grossa is sportier and more suited for casual suits and combinations. Fina/piccola has still a nice texture though, quite different from a plain twill. I'd happily wear a silver/grey fina/piccola to my wedding but would never consider a grossa.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics