• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
crackup[1].gif

I wish I could recall the specifics, but within recent memory I read about a study which found that shoes are the article of men’s apparel which women most often notice.

That’s certainly consistent with my personal experience. I’ll add that it’s always the more flamboyant shoes which elicit comment. I can’t recall any woman ever remarking on any of my well-maintained and polished black captoes.

Cheers,

Ac

Scbrown

Reaction score
Cashmere SC by Loro Piana
Kamakura shirt - Acually light bllue,, not white as it appears.
Zegna tie
Flannels.
C&J Saddle shoes (on a side note - I get so much positive comments on these, mainly by females)

@Anden are those external brace buttons?

Scbrown

Reaction score
Yes. For comfort on some of my pairs.

Interesting, do they also have belt loops, I couldn't tell from the photo, no knocking it, just wonder if it interferes with the belt

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

#22. Time for a serve of the old-style Kox Kraziness.
LL
Canali - Ballantyne - Nick Bronson for Henry Buck's - SuSu - Seiko - Pantherella - Carmina for Unipair I think the sleeves could be shortened a tad on the suit jacket. Thoughts?
Black chelsea boots would have been sweet. Sleeve length doesn't bother me - do other shirts you have show cuff with that jacket? The sleeves are pretty slim so the effect of not seeing shirt cuff seems less noticeable, to me at least.
crackup%5B1%5D.gif
I wish I could recall the specifics, but within recent memory I read about a study which found that shoes are the article of men’s apparel which women most often notice. That’s certainly consistent with my personal experience. I’ll add that it’s always the more flamboyant shoes which elicit comment. I can’t recall any woman ever remarking on any of my well-maintained and polished black captoes. Cheers, Ac
+1. Compliments from non-SF folks are most often received when something stands out or is unexpected, shoes or otherwise.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got talked into posting. I think I figured out how to take photos that clear the minimum quality standard, if only barely. Quick but important thank you to the forum in general for helping educate a lurker like me and a very sincere thank you to one regular member who has provided some patient feedback.

Pants are chocolate brown moleskins if that's not obvious. I know there are mixed feelings about loafers, but I feel these are on par with the fit in terms of formality and I just felt like wearing them. Alternative was some brown leather AE strands or AE Bleecker St chukkas. One could get technical with historical context and say with moleskins you wouldn't be in loafers, and chukkas would be better, I acknowledge that potential discord.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Coxsackie I'm with Monkey on the green dots. Too vibrant for the palette established by the other items.

@upr_crust The natural light of the lifestyle photo shows off the clothes so much better. I understand the limitations of your daily setup, but I lament them.

The only thing that seems to draw consistent notice for me is a knit tie. People (not just women) react favorably and act as though they've never seen one before.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty standard brown leather. Full strap loafer from Carmina, if that matters. Belt is not shown but is a matching darkish brown.They are not the vegano brown, which I think is a shade lighter. I welcome your thoughts and suggestions.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
As I mentioned elsewhere, wonderful textures WTL

Scbrown

Reaction score

So someone gave me a iPhone tripod so giving it a shot today. Great fits lately gents.

Jacket: RLPL
Shirt: Creery Custom (Now Ledbury Bespoke)
Tie: Chancellor Neckwear
Pants: Geoffrey Lewis
Shoes unseen: Cleverley Bryan Boot

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robpasco