1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

2. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

okay, bit random, but SVB have u ever thought about doing something about your body fat i.e. getting more of it?

4 people like this.
  3. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

What country exactly? My goodness. When I was in law school (UCLA) my buddy and I would joke as we drove for our weekly game to the "undergrad side" where the tennis courts were. Cute college girls you'd think. If you're into fat chicks in yoga pants, and even fatter chicks in jogging shorts with their asses hanging out.

And although some may consider @VictorSFreturn post as having gone too far… it's also not productive to keep providing tailoring recommendations that ultimately result in a "lipstick on a pig" situation that would best just be avoided. As Stitchy had commented earlier, one can't always asses the true quality of the fit by pix alone and thus the real decision must be made by the individual ... attempting to reach a reasonably objective conclusion based on the information he has collected. Regardless, as he said, it's up to you.

One guy's too fat… the other not fat enough! :happy:

Post edited for the squeamish, apologies.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  4. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Ohmyfuckinggod

1 person likes this.
  5. Roycru

Roycru Senior member

One can only wonder what sort of comments William Howard Taft would get if he was still alive and posting pictures.......

[​IMG]

13 people like this.
  6. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

Had to check the Urban Dictionary for T&A - my only association was Turnbull & Asser but I knew that even on this forum no one would "cruise by the dorm" for that.

I am actually trying to lose weight at the moment, partly for health reasons but mostly to start wearing several pieces of tailored clothing that hang on my closet but look too tight, including three Canali suits, an Eidos jacket, and a green Camoshita suit I purchased after Tira posted it last spring.

1 person likes this.
  7. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Good to know. Always nice to set out with a tangible goal in mind. Don't hesitate to ask questions if they arise...

1 person likes this.
  8. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

It just happens to be where the secluded tennis courts are. And I bought a T&A suit last year that did not quite fit as well because… surprise, I had let myself get out of shape. It's back to fitting well I'm happy to say.

I realize my previous comment was harsh, but the general level of what is considered "acceptable/appropriate/reasonable/a good idea" in varying situations to me is just astonishing… mind boggling actually and it would seem most could reach a consensus on a base level range of sensibility.

The biggest hurdle to overcome toward motivation and success in any challenge is mental … if your mind is strong, you will yourself be strong.

Ask Chris Christie if he gets elected.

9. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

I don't know if I'd call it harsh so much as rude and vaguely misogynistic, but hey, to each his own, right?

5 people like this.
  10. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

Not much vagueness to that misogyny.

2 people like this.
  11. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Yesterday. A simple navy blazer for a casual look.
    [​IMG]

12. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

@md2010

Navy blazers are super versatile. I need to rock mine more often.

Got a pink or even yellow shirt to wear with that?

13. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Thanks. I do have only one very pale pink shirt. Over time I have replaced my shirt rotations to pale blue and white only. It's just simple and easy to go under a suit. And make dressing up in the morning much quicker.

14. Dennis Walter

Dennis Walter Senior member

These are interesting times, gentlemen. The discussion about body fat (albeit its rather misplaced offspring) has been quite interesting - thanks to all of you who contributed to it.

Saw some ballet some time ago and dressed up befitting the occassion (at least that´s what i thouht it did):

[​IMG]

32 people like this.
  15. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

@Dennis Walter

Very clean look. I forgot you could do that (black jacket over a white vest/inner piece). At least, I don't recall seeing it done often.

16. pravda

pravda Senior member

[@]Dennis Walter well-done Mr. Bond

17. pravda

pravda Senior member

In regard to body fat, I decided that John Stamos, Rob Lowe and Daniel Craig are muses for me.

So to compete, I must stay in the 14% bf range to look good. If any of you ever get the chance to take a hydrostatic bf measurement, jump on it. I get one twice a year.

I hate when all these fat assess tell me I'm not normal because my belly is not touching the floor.

I have been reading GQ and Esquire since I was 14 and later fell in love with Mens Health. And if more of our kids got into fashion and the physiology of their bodies, they wouldn't be fat. I'd rather teach my kids about fitness and Armani than Nike and a Happy meal.

2 people like this.
  18. VictorSFreturn

VictorSFreturn Senior member

Pravda

You're from RF or SNG? (just wondering) :)

19. md2010

md2010 Senior member

Gents , no need to argue. Weight and body fat are all related to genetic factors. Be happy and eat well ; and don't worry about body fat and such. 12 months ago I had a full medical checkup, the only time I did that. My BMI kg/m2 18.8 , body fat was 8.6% and I eat everything. From kfc to pizza and I munch on chocolate almost every day.
    What I am trying to say is just be yourself and be happy about it.
    Edit - found the report it also states total cholesterol mmol/l 4.15 , HDL cholesterol 1.41 and total/ HDL cholesterol ratio 2.9 . Even with that much of junk food.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  20. pravda

pravda Senior member

@victor. ZA but I love shopping in your neck of the woods as often as I can

1 person likes this.