• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I, and I'm sure just about everyone else, agree.

Theoretically if the tailor had more of the same fabric left, anyone know how intensive/possible would it be to change the lapels after the fact? Can ask in the tailor thread too.

The whole front would have to be re-cut (not cheap) and even then it's not guaranteed the cloth will match the rest of the suit (maybe it's another batch, maybe the rest has aged...). I wouldn't put any hopes on it.

[
IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1680418/width/600/height/800[/IMG]
Ring
Eton
EG Cappelli
Drakes
Pantherella
GG

Nice fit, just not a fan of the socks. Navy with a discreet pattern would have been perfect imo.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know what is going on in the world lately but I would be afraid to ride on a train next to people in fancy socks and full beards.

Uhh what?

Atleast you're honest in saying that you're ignorant...

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My beard is coming off this week! Wife and ex-GF (who are now very good friends) are making an event of it.

That being said, I've enjoyed not being carded why I get beer at the store.

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice fit, just not a fan of the socks. Navy with a discreet pattern would have been perfect imo.

I concur about the socks. I was rummaging through my sock drawer to find solid charcoal or solid navy and had no luck. Oh well!

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't know what is going on in the world lately but I would be afraid to ride on a train next to people in fancy socks and full beards.

I would hope you would come say hi instead of being afraid

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My beard is coming off this week! Wife and ex-GF (who are now very good friends) are making an event of it.

That being said, I've enjoyed not being carded why I get beer at the store.

Well that sounds weird?

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well that sounds weird?

One of my ex-girlfriends considers my parents as surrogate parents, essentially, and her children treat them (and call them) grandparents. I dated her while I was in college and the weekend I went home to break it off with her she left her house crying and was being comforted by my mum before I got home myself. She needed their support so I drove back to college. That was over 20 years ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads