1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, May 21, 2014.

1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Distinguished Member

Wait... still?

How freaking long did you guys date?

2. SeaJen

SeaJen Distinguished Member

Still, yes. My parents still live in the UK, so I like that they have this relationship with her, her husband, and their children. It certainly eased the pressure on me to start a family and I'm sure it makes it easier for my parents to be so far away from my kids now. She's a lovely person and after losing her mother to cancer at 15 and her Dad largely abandoning her and her sister when he met someone else, she deserves to have the unconditional love she gets from my parents.

We only dated for about a year.

3. DonCologne

DonCologne Distinguished Member

4. EFV

EFV Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Not to me, my fiancée is friends with one of my exes. Granted, it's 16 years since we had a relationship. Still though, doesn't have to be an issue if you're cool with your ex.

Also, much like SeaJen's ex, she's also friends with my parents.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015

5. upr_crust

upr_crust Distinguished Member

As much as I like all of the pieces you're wearing today individually (everything looks to fit you very well, and looks good), there seems to be a dichotomy between the top and the bottom - bottom is much more informal-looking that the top. Darker trousers and different shoes would complement the jacket/shirt/tie combo better, IMHO.

6. Claghorn

Claghorn Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

It's actually fantastic. They're able to constantly talk shit about me (good naturedly). And my wife isn't American, so I was really grateful she was able to find a friend so quickly. They go out to lunch a lot and she (the ex-GF) is going to come along with us when next we visit Korea (she visited once when I first moved there, but I was unfamiliar with the place and I did a crappy job showing her around).

I'm sure plenty of people have managed a smooth transition from a serious relationship to a serious friendship. It also may have helped that I was out of the country the first six years after the relationship ended.

7. upr_crust

upr_crust Distinguished Member

I've always thought that a wife and a mistress were two women with a problem in common - apparently, a wife and an ex-girlfriend are two women with a common problem resolved :).

8. justridiculous

justridiculous Distinguished Member

Good deal! My wife is on good terms with one of my ex-GFs, but they're not necessarily friends.

9. TheoMerc

TheoMerc Member

Afternoon,

I recently made myself a navy 3-piece suit, wide notch lapel, hand pleated shoulder, the works. I tried something new with a double breasted vest and so far so good, thinking I might try going little longer on the vest my next go round, or just raise up the rise on my pants. @EFV inspired me with those forward pleated pants, that might have to be my next experiment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior Member

Amazing, mate!! It looks awesome!

11. Academic2

Academic2 Distinguished Member

I like this and thumbed it accordingly, but I’d like if even more if the Cardigan were a bit longer.

A traditional view of the Cardigan is that it’s an analogue of the waistcoat/vest, and as such should cover the trouser waistband when worn with a jacket and tie. I find the fact that I can see the belt buckle (and the tie tip too, for that matter) visually distracting.

Again, that’s a traditionalist view. Since the other elements of the ensemble are pretty traditional, however, that one instance of departure from tradition is perhaps even more noticeable.

YMMV.

Cheers,

Ac

12. europrep

europrep Distinguished Member

What collar do you get from Eton? Shirts are great for travel, but never loved any of the collars.

13. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

The picture sucks, so you can't see that the tie is navy as well as the ground of the hank.

14. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Distinguished Member

Thanks for the thumb and the feedback. Makes perfect sense. The cardigan actually is long enough as you can see in this image - one more button and it would have covered the tie and belt.

[​IMG]

But if I'm being honest I suppose I was trying for some sort of affected/fun/tussled look that didn't end up panning out because, among other reasons and as others have also mentioned, using a worsted traditional suit wasn't the right canvas for the rest. At least not presented this way.

Oh well, that's why we're here: try, fail, listen, learn, and try again! Appreciate all the help, doods.

15. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Distinguished Member