• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
imo, socks generally look better in a fit when they are lighter than the trou. i dont always adhere to that, but i think it is usually the case. as matter of fact, the socks/pants/shoes are my favorite part of his fit.

I would say it is better for socks to be lighter rather than darker than the trousers. But I do think the socks are TOO light in this case.
I usually like it as well, but I think for conservative business dress and general consistency it looks better if the socks are darker than the pants. Otherwise it causes a break between the shoes and the pants. It can draw too much attention to the socks.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BUY MOAR SHOES AND PHOTOGRAPH THEM!!!

Do not listen to estitchy! I listened and now I'm in a vicious circle of buying shoes and socks.
nod[1].gif

Just kidding, you should listen!
fistbump.gif

McBindle

Reaction score
imo, socks generally look better in a fit when they are lighter than the trou. i dont always adhere to that, but i think it is usually the case. as matter of fact, the socks/pants/shoes are my favorite part of his fit.

Referring to CM? If so, that was one of my first impressions of this fit.
The simple white linen square and light grey socks cool this look down so much and give it a more interesting character than with blue socks. I would have gone with navy and a stronger rendering of cordovan on the shoe and that would have been predictable and boring.
To me the irony of this fit is that elements of a more formal fit - subdued palette, white square - are rendered casual by the tie and cooled-out line of light blue shirt, light grey trousers, and light grey socks.
One splash of color and textural contrast from the tie nail it together. Summer fit.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
BUY MOAR SHOES AND PHOTOGRAPH THEM!!!

No to the first, yes to the second. I am actually pretty happy with my shoe collection. I'd maybe get some brown cordovan oxfords at some point, but I think that's it. I really am not a shoe person, thank god. It's the least interesting part of the outfit for me. I guess I'm opposite of stitches.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No to the first, yes to the second. I am actually pretty happy with my shoe collection. I'd maybe get some brown cordovan oxfords at some point, but I think that's it. I really am not a shoe person, thank god. It's the least interesting part of the outfit for me. I guess I'm opposite of stitches.

well, fine, dont buy more, but you NEED to show them in your pics. imo bad shoes can ruin an otherwise great fit, and great shoes can make a great fit even better. they are a major part of the whole fit to me.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is superb. conrad you might be the best new poster of 2013 imo. i wish we could get some full length pics from you.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, fine, dont buy more, but you NEED to show them in your pics. imo bad shoes can ruin an otherwise great fit, and great shoes can make a great fit even better. they are a major part of the whole fit to me.
I don't think Clag has feet. It's all a ruse.

He's got two wooden pegs. They're bespoke pegs, probably. Hand crafted.

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
that is superb. conrad you might be the best new poster of 2013 imo. i wish we could get some full length pics from you.

Thanks man! Those are very flattering words.
shog[1].gif

The only full length photos I have are from my iphone but they are of very poor quality :/

Johnboy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Re: Clags and Stitch

I would much rather see the jacket/tie/collar/PS up closer and in more detail than a dirty muddy old pair of shoes besides, quite a few american guys on here seem to just roll their trousers up and not hem, or make them too short with no break, and then go on to commit the ulitmate sin of not wearing socks, so what would one actually be looking at anyway? In my opinion put the shoe part in it's own little pic that one doesn't have to look at..

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think Clag has feet. It's all a ruse. He's got two wooden pegs. They're bespoke pegs, probably. Hand crafted.
lol, but i hear he has THREE wooden pegs. AYO!
Thanks man! Those are very flattering words.
shog%5B1%5D.gif
The only full length photos I have are from my iphone but they are of very poor quality :/
they were well deserved. all my pics are iphone pics. they do ok imho, and it beats nothin. see below!

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: Clags and Stitch

I would much rather see the jacket/tie/collar/PS up closer and in more detail than a dirty muddy old pair of shoes besides, quite a few american guys on here seem to just roll their trousers up and not hem, or make them too short with no break, and then go on to commit the ulitmate sin of not wearing socks, so what would one actually be looking at anyway? In my opinion put the shoe part in it's own little pic that one doesn't have to look at..
Well that sucks that you don't clean your shoes when they have mud on them. I do.

And since when does anyone roll up the trousers in fits that we're talking about? Those are slacks. Those don't get rolled up.
AYOOO

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well that sucks that you don't clean your shoes when they have mud on them. I do.
And since when does anyone roll up the trousers in fits that we're talking about? Those are slacks. Those don't get rolled up.

i have no idea what the hell he was talking about, thats why i didnt bother to reply.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have no idea what the hell he was talking about, thats why i didnt bother to reply.
As SB once said, we all fail to heed our better angel at times. I need to start ignoring posts like that.

But it did just occur to me that I may be able to roll up my unhemmed HY pants for the Friday fit instead of cuffing them. THAT is fashion forward.
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
they were well deserved.

all my pics are iphone pics. they do ok imho, and it beats nothin. see below!

That's a very superb fit my man.
I'll post a full length shot once I get my new RJ back from my tailor.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads