• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrChris

Reaction score

everytime I wear this shirt, people ask me this :D
It's made by Arrow but I never seen it again. That's why i consider to send this shirt to Luxire, so they will make me more shirts with this very nice BD Collar!

You should take that as a compliment, the collar roll and shape is very pleasing. Not something you see on standard RTW shirts:)

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just started putting up a list of thanks to some members for getting this bad-ass thread back on the rails, starting with TobiasM and DC, then went through the pics and realized it's all been awesome as of late.

fing02[1].gif

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
DC, that's pretty good! I think it would be better if the hank complemented rather than matched the tie, though.

McBindle

Reaction score
Tobias - I like this fit for a number of reasons. First, it works as a whole, for e.g. the suede shoes with a green knit, a paisley pattern square and herringbone are all within the same genre of the "casual" or "country" vocabulary of classic menswear. There are no conflicting signals. Second, textural and pattern contrast are well executed. Third, very soft (I assume unstructured?) shoulder and collar roll add another, more geometric level of harmony. Last, you look very comfortable and the vibe it gives off is that you live in the clothes. As the saying goes, you are wearing the clothes and they not you.

Don Cologne - your best SB fit so far. Gone is the "X" at the button-point. Waist suppression looks good and the narrow sleeve works well for you. Only constructive criticism I can offer is did you consider a square with more contrast? From afar they look close to the same cloth.

TobiasM

Reaction score
Tobias - I like this fit for a number of reasons. First, it works as a whole, for e.g. the suede shoes with a green knit, a paisley pattern square and herringbone are all within the same genre of the "casual" or "country" vocabulary of classic menswear. There are no conflicting signals. Second, textural and pattern contrast are well executed. Third, very soft (I assume unstructured?) shoulder and collar roll add another, more geometric level of harmony. Last, you look very comfortable and the vibe it gives off is that you live in the clothes. As the saying goes, you are wearing the clothes and they not you.

Don Cologne - your best SB fit so far. Gone is the "X" at the button-point. Waist suppression looks good and the narrow sleeve works well for you. Only constructive criticism I can offer is did you consider a square with more contrast? From afar they look close to the same cloth.

Thanks McBindle, this is what I call a nice feedback ;)
The shoulder is unstructured(like the whole jacket) and fits really good. I always combine the jacket with knit ties or cotton ties, I think silk doesn't fit to it. I really feel comfortable in these clothes, this is my favourite summer look.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

specialk0449

Reaction score
MF, The shirt and tie look great with your suit. A club collar is a nice change of pace regardless of what others say. I really like everything about the suit. Great overall look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads