• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Zegna
Mattabisch
Gallo
Tom Ford
Church's

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A coworker of mine always carries a 500€ note taped to his belt since we've been held for ransom by french highwaymen aka la gendarmerie for not coming to a halt at a stop sign for the mandated three full seconds, once in Lyon. they threw us in a bus and drove us to the next ATM were we proceeded to pay the 'fine' in cash without getting a reçu...

One of my coworkers used to tape a razor blade to his thigh in case he was ever kidnapped.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

DonCologne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4th day of the 10 days nightshift. Today only fotos with artificial light. To make fotos before the work it was too hot.
Edit: Changed the first foto. The old one was out of focus, so I do this one after the work under day light.

Last edited:

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

4th day of the 10 days nightshift. Today only fotos with artificial light. To make fotos before the work it was too hot.
Probably the second best outfit you have ever posted. The jacket is almost perfect on you. You are a big guy and should not be afraid of bigger lapels and ideally more natural shoulders. The buttoning point/pockets are a bit off on the jacket but I assume you son't get this stuff made for you. The pants can be taken in an inch from the thigh to the knee and 1/2 inch from knee to leg opening, they will still be comfortable and not slim and they will improve your overall silhouette. This will also help your feet look a bit more inline with your size, since you like round toe shoes. Right now your pants are swallowing the shoes and you look like you have tiny feet. You are one of the few guys on here that should be wearing those really elongated shoes and they won't look like clown shoes on you.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Probably the second best outfit you have ever posted. The jacket is almost perfect on you. You are a big guy and should not be afraid of bigger lapels and ideally more natural shoulders. The buttoning point/pockets are a bit off on the jacket but I assume you son't get this stuff made for you. The pants can be taken in an inch from the thigh to the knee and 1/2 inch from knee to leg opening, they will still be comfortable and not slim and they will improve your overall silhouette. This will also help your feet look a bit more inline with your size, since you like round toe shoes. Right now your pants are swallowing the shoes and you look like you have tiny feet. You are one of the few guys on here that should be wearing those really elongated shoes and they won't look like clown shoes on you.
I thought the jacket looked rather tight, pulling at the buttons. But Ed knows far more than I do.

Either way, I'd put you up for 'most improvement in such little time' award if there ever was one.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Going on a picnic later. I'm wearing my pants much higher than I did the last time I wore the vest. I still think it is a bit short, but not by much. I've been looking for resources about how a vest should fit, but haven't found very many. According to GQ and the styling at polo.com, this is about right. The waistband on my pants is full covered. How much longer do you think the vest should be? Shirt: Lands End, Vest: Polo, Jacket: Uniqlo, Pants: Carven, Shoes: Cole Haan
I'm gonna have to disagree with the others: this looks downright terrible. The jacket and the jeans look like relics from the 90s, the madras vest doesn't work at all in this context, and I can't get behind that kind of seersucker-esque (crepe?) shirting. The jeans actually look so dated that they almost look edgy. I can see them working with some cool tee and a pair of nice sneakers, but not in this context.
I'll have to disagree with you on everything but the jeans/trousers. The shirt (which looks more like an unironed oxford-cloth shirt than seersucker, although I could be wrong), the vest and the jacket all look very nice together. It's a classic, summery look. The tailored jeans/denim trousers, whichever they are, don't look good, in my opinion. I think that it would have looked much better with a pair of cotton trousers in a lighter colour - Nantucket reds, mid-blue or lighter blue cotton, even a mid- or lighter green or orange. But not denim trousers.

Ivar

Reaction score

What about the jacket says '90s to you?

Beige, khaki and olive give me very strong 90s vibes. Especially in cotton fabrics (and especially if it's moleskin). If the jacket, like here, is also loose fitting and unbuttoned, that association becomes even stronger. What really makes this combination reek of GAP and business casual, however, is the pairing with the jeans. As I wrote earlier, the jeans could work if paired differently, and the same goes for the jacket, but put together, they give off unfortunate connotations.

More generally, I find tones of beige and brown to be the hardest colors to get "just right". A tint too light or a shade too dark, and the color just feels off. I also think that anything beige benefits from some surface interest, or else the cloth has a tendency to look flat and cheap.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand what is acute about AAS's style. Or is it supposed to be ironic?
1) Acute means present or experienced to a severe or intense degree e.g. acute pain or acute euphoria. In someway memorable, positively or negatively.

2) Synonyms for acute: sharp, keen, shrewd. My goal is to acquire an acute style. I never said I had one.

3) I teach high school math for a living. Acute angles are angles between 0 and 90 degrees. I rarely spend more than $90 on any one garment. I feel everyone can look good for less.

4) I feel my style is not right; I often break established rules. I hope not to the point of being obtuse. It's a little less than right i.e acute.

5) My wife thinks I have a cute sense of style (my most important critic).

What does EMartNJ mean?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads