• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i feel a little reluctant posting this
but oh well
i appreciate feedback and criticism

rps20110923_093505.jpg

the right jacket sleeve was caught on my french cuff which was caught on my watch at the moment

do i look too much like a priest with the white collar action? especially since the body of the shirt is so much darker and colorful?
difficult to match this shirt since i don't have many solid color ties ... and i dare not try a patterned tie after my miserable failures on pattern mixing last week

Last edited:

freedom_fries

Reaction score

Caught up with the lads from The Rake then dinner with gshen the other night in Singapore aka "The Truman Show"..
bRog.jpg

looking very dapper.

i laughed at the singapore = truman show comment. i'd almost put HK in the same class - i always feel like i'm in one of those enormous american shopping malls when i'm there.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday. Four patterns. Not too crazy.

Now that is awesome. Seriously great. I'd already had some idea that I liked your style from flicking through past postings, but this confirms it. I'm not going to say that this beats everything else here, but it certainly does it for me, and you've been added to my of course very skewed and personal list of the seriously stylish, along with Spoo, Barims and LabelKing, all for slightly different reasons.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x2

i feel a little reluctant posting this
but oh well
i appreciate feedback and criticism

rps20110923_093505.jpg

the right jacket sleeve was caught on my french cuff which was caught on my watch at the moment

do i look too much like a priest with the white collar action? especially since the body of the shirt is so much darker and colorful?
difficult to match this shirt since i don't have many solid color ties ... and i dare not try a patterned tie after my miserable failures on pattern mixing last week

What colour is the suit?

I would think that navy crunchy knit you have would work nicely with the shirt.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x2

What colour is the suit?

I would think that navy crunchy knit you have would work nicely with the shirt.

the suit is a ... purplish gray? sort of an eggplant color but can pass as just charcoal
the shirt came with navy blue silk knots ... so you're right
i think the navy tie would work with this as well

Last edited:

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the suit is a ... purplish gray? sort of an eggplant color but can pass as just charcoal
the shirt came with navy blue silk knots ... so you're right
i think the navy tie would work with this as well

Navy is just so versatile! I would hesitate to put a purple shirt with a charcoal/purplish suit, but if it looks charcoal it should be fine. I usually wear my purple shirts with my navy suits/slacks/SCs though.

dufferin1

Reaction score
Hi everyone , first post here. First year college student that wants to look good out in the field. I recently lost about 70 pounds of weight and dropped from a 44R to a 38R. Any comments are welcome, just want your opinion. Should have shaved before hand haha. Added a picture of the shoes since the photo didn't show them (doh!).

Last edited:

dufferin1

Reaction score
Hi everyone , first post here. First year college student that wants to look good out in the field. I recently lost about 70 pounds of weight and dropped from a 44R to a 38R. Any comments are welcome, just want your opinion. Should have shaved before hand haha. Added a picture of the shoes since the photo didn't show them (doh!).

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hi everyone , first post here. First year college student that wants to look good out in the field. I recently lost about 70 pounds of weight and dropped from a 44R to a 38R.
Congrats on your weight loss! Having lost some weight recently myself, I can say, keep up your good habits and you will find yourself much happier. On your post, you might want to edit this post and just post the pic using styleforum instead of photobucket (just click the icon to the left of the paperclip). if the link took me to the right thing - I think the jacket is a little tight, and you might be better off with a tie that provides more contrast to the shirt.

dufferin1

Reaction score
Thanks so much. I was used to a different forum style so the image thing is a bit tougher. I still have about 5-10 pounds to go and I think that'll loosen the jacket up just a tad.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jacket is Zegna, from the main line of about 4-ish years ago. It's had a fair bit of tailoring done to it at various stages over that time period, though!
I quite like it! Are there any shots of the fabric up close?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads