• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have pretty broad shoulders naturally, so this sharp shoulder is not too much of a stretch for me. Although, lately I have been appreciating a completely natural shoulder. Probably because I have broad shoulders. :laugh:

6'1, 165 buddy. :)

Having tried on a sample of a Tom Ford suit, you, Spoo-meister, are the perfect shape for his line - broad-shouldered and wasp-waisted (at least in comparison to me). That being said, I am also broad in the shoulders (among other places), and the more natural shoulders of suits from Paul Stuart (vs. BB, my usual drug of choice) seem to find favor with the locals around here.

cronicmole

Reaction score

I have pretty broad shoulders naturally, so this sharp shoulder is not too much of a stretch for me. Although, lately I have been appreciating a completely natural shoulder. Probably because I have broad shoulders. :laugh:

6'1, 165 buddy. :)

Get in the gym Brah.

Green Lantern

Reaction score

Both Tom Ford.

d3bcffd5.jpg

460a0b42.jpg

81483e77.jpg

7a2f5ca4.jpg

Yes, I know the shoes were wrong on the pinstripe one. :)

I think your shoes work with the charcoal pinstripe one. Chocolate or Black suede wholecut lace-ups would also look good.

Going back to the KNOT ISSUE...I think it is my anal nature that looks for symmetry. I believe that a flair of Sprezzatura can be still be aligned within the outfit. Personally, I don't like unbuckled double monks, knots that don't visually close the neckline, unbuttoned collars that fall under the jacket lapel and a few other pet peeves. I also wish guys would stop wearing vent less suits en masse. I can always tell a person who hasn't bought a suit in 20 years.

But YOU on the other hand, have always looked smashing no matter what knot you wear. It was an observation, definitely not a knock.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Oops yes, it was the pin-stripe suit.

any suit is work appropriate if you wear it to work. ;) the fellas i work with rarely wear ties. mostly polos and pleated dockers. I may be a tad overdressed, but theyve come to expect that

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Both Tom Ford.

d3bcffd5.jpg

460a0b42.jpg

81483e77.jpg

7a2f5ca4.jpg

Yes, I know the shoes were wrong on the pinstripe one. :)

I ******* hate your guts you sonofabitch. :lol::lol: I tried on the first one and fell in love. when you fall out of love with either, i better be the first you let know. ;) sharp as a damn tack buddy. :cheers:

DaBatMan

Reaction score

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Going back to the KNOT ISSUE...I think it is my anal nature that looks for symmetry. I believe that a flair of Sprezzatura can be still be aligned within the outfit.

Thanks for the compliment. A FIH knot will NEVER look symmetrical - its just not how the knot is made. Its not meant to be sprezz, its just a preferred knot. The trick is (for me anyhow) to make a FIH look as symmetrical as possible, for being a scientifically asymmetrical knot. I think that is why mine look different than a lot of other peoples - because I manipulate the silk in a way to give the most symmetrical appearance as possible, while maintaining all the characteristics of a FIH. Or something like that. :)

I ******* hate your guts you sonofabitch.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Both Tom Ford.

d3bcffd5.jpg

Spoo..have you seen Suits on the USA Network? I think the lead character Harvey wears the same suits as you. Frankly, I have suspected that the costume designer lurks here and has been cribbing your style. :happy:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spoo..have you seen Suits on the USA Network? I think the lead character Harvey wears the same suits as you. Frankly, I have suspected that the costume designer lurks here and has been cribbing your style. :happy:

Never saw it, but I need a new copyright infringement lawsuit to drum up. Will check the credits, thanks for the tip! :lol:

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Never saw it, but I need a new copyright infringement lawsuit to drum up. Will check the credits, thanks for the tip! :lol:

They are all Tom Ford, yes, but Harvey has too big of tie knots and too much of a collar gap. But it's refreshing to actually see very nicely made and looking suits in a TV show.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ******* hate your guts you sonofabitch. :lol::lol: I tried on the first one and fell in love. when you fall out of love with either, i better be the first you let know. ;) sharp as a damn tack buddy. :cheers:

Agreed. Spoo's montage here and from today lays the smack down.

As much as I liked it, the shape of the shoulders on it just were not for me. I got a fit pic of it for the personal archives though. It showed me some good stuff. Beautiful suit. Glad Spoo can rock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads