1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

Charcoal.

2. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Hey fellas...it's been a while! Summer heat and relaxed dress code at work mean I haven't been dressing up as much. But fall is here!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BTW, forgive the underarm ripple. I was slouching sideways during the photo, apparently.

6 people like this.
  3. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Great trousers! Not so sure about the shirt/tie combo... IDK what would be better...

1 person likes this.
  4. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    Too dark and stormy today for anything but closeups.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  5. Leonel Dante

Leonel Dante Well-Known Member

Tom Ford is not my favourite, but these two spooPoker's suits look nice, specially the striped one (but no working cuffs?)

6. vncrz

vncrz Senior member

Thanks, it's a Ralph Lauren Purple Label purchased recently NWOT from the B&S for a song

7. cronicmole

cronicmole Senior member

:rotflmao:

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Praise and critiques delivered via thumbsup for today...
    Actually I hate OTC socks. I keep them at calf height. I find that OTC socks keep catching on my pants at the calf and the friction does not let them fall properly. I have 3 pairs, and I plan to toss all of them at the first sign of lint. Also, a school orientation is where parents take their children to meet the teachers for the first time.
    Todays fit? Battistoni. Thanks.
    Thank you so much for the tie - love it! Buy the damn shoes already!!!
    I was in a room full of bicycle toed rubber sole black Aldos. :confused:
    Thank you, Tom Ford.
    :cheers:
    I opted not for functional buttons on these.

9. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

What do you mean for a song? Did you write a song for him or something...

10. Elegantly Wasted

Elegantly Wasted Senior member

I am not suggesting that you make your shoulders and arms any smaller. In that jacket you have a hourglass look where the upper part is noticeably bigger than the lower part. Why not try to de-emphasize the difference in size between shoulders and the hip area? Maybe a less fit waist would do the trick.

1 person likes this.
  11. VictorSF

VictorSF Senior member

Thank you! [​IMG]

Not all of my jackets have a clear form, for many the difference between the shoulders and hips flattened, as you advise. But not strongly flattened! Just when the waist to smooth out much, I like the barrel-column.

There is still time - I do not have hips are small, a very complex figure: a thin narrow neck and chest, but developed muscles, especially your shoulders and back + narrow waist + wide hips and legs.

At the same time - a short length of the body and the hands and feet are very long.

Still there is a slouch, and the difference in shoulder height.

And the contours of the body are very sharp, not smooth lines - it is because of the body musculature and a small amount of fat.

Sew on my figure - it is very difficult ...

In the most recent photographs - fences jackets with partial lining.

These jackets are made from mixtures of fabric: linen-silk-wool.

This fabric is very capricious in processing. In addition, it quickly loses its shape to wear (linen wrinkled, especially if it is not reinforced liner)

Silhouette of summer jackets different from the silhouette of jackets made of wool.

So - these jackets - not the best option.

But what to do, linen - linen is ...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  12. seanpatrickb

seanpatrickb Senior member

I think the jacket is pretty great myself^. Perhaps fuller legged trousers would help eliminate the illusion of being top heavy. I am in a similar boat as you as I still have a decent amount of muscle left over from when I did power lifting; so I understand the challenge. (5'5, 170) Luckily my legs are too big to fit into most pants resembling slim fit.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
    2 people like this.
  13. Elegantly Wasted

Elegantly Wasted Senior member

I share your pain, I have a very complex figure too: narrow shoulders, flat chest, thin legs, beer belly... :embar:

1 person likes this.
  14. freedom_fries

freedom_fries Senior member

:rotflmao:

15. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

It's still raining in NYC - feh!

Suit - BB
    Shirt - H & K
    Tie - Andrew's Ties
    Cufflinks - Thompson, via Harrod's, Heathrow Terminal 3
    Shoes - Fratelli Peluso - via Barney's NYC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

An experiment continues...

... I'm increasingly of the belief that if one can find the "right" kinds of "busy-ness" in adjacent patterns, and uses rich enough colours, the visual confusion that results can be a positive rather than a negative. They visually blend rather than appearing as separate items. This is something I mentioned some months ago, but have revisted more recently. Yesterday's look was a toe in the water, using a bold bengal stripe shirt with a houndstooth suit and a moderately patterned tie. I was surprised to see it gather positive feedback from you guys; I was rather expecting a fair bit of flak. Today pushes my little theory a little further down this road, with a complex shirt and tie combination that I'm hoping "blurs together" slightly at a distance. For instance, the effect seems different to me in the close-up and full-length photos below.

(For maximum Pseuds Corner quotation value, the effect I am trying to mimic is the cluttered but warm/gentle feel of a Victorian era drawing room, rather than an elegant or precise modern lounge :) )

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
    3 people like this.
  17. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think the patterns on bow tie and shirt and nice match in scale - but I think you need a different PS, one that gives more contrast to the tie.

18. DerekS

DerekS Senior member

I dont mind this look, but i think it couldve been done better. maybe a polka dot with the gingham? Not sure. Like I said, I like it, it seems to work....

19. sfochild

sfochild Member

Holdfast, the one thing that stands out to me is that in the full length photo it looked like you were wearing a camo bow-tie. Curious if its just my mind playing tricks on me...

Otherwise, I find it visually interesting, if not something I would necessarily attempt. At least not to that extreme

1 person likes this.
  20. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.