• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This forum has gone to the dogs. I used to be addicted because everything seemed so fresh, with a wide array of posters who were both committed and inventive with posts and threads. Now the only people who seem to post are <100 post people, and the only things those with more than 1000 posts seem to voice are complaints. StyleForvm was in its death throes before the changeover, lots of people said that, and I agreed.

Now, after the changeover, with its clunky operating and invasive adverts, the final nail has been put in the coffin. I think its only a matter of time until the old guard goes away, and people like myself who used to have a passion for this site join the ranks of SoCal, Trini, Mao, Vox, PhatGuido, Barims &c. and just disappear.

Spoo and his sycophants are welcome to it.

Posts such as this remind me that the Internet, and an Internet forum such as this, is interactive - we are, collectively, the content of this place in cyberspace. To complain that one doesn't like the content of the forum, without contributing to the forum to change its content is rather like sitting in front a TV set, with the remote control in one's hand, complaining that there is nothing on TV, yet not attempting to change the channel.

The best way to change the content of this forum (these fora?) is to contribute the content that you would like to see (something that you have done in the past, Ich Dien).

As for why people cease to contribute, I am sure that the reasons are as myriad as the people who cease to do so. Lack of time and loss of interest, I am sure, the primary causes - what causes the latter, I could not say.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

JapanAlex, you don't need to apologize to me. Spoo, you need to apologize to everybody for that tie.

too good to be true...

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This was my car thermometer when I went to lunch yesterday
:
9JOya.jpg
:fu:

Weak!

This was what I was wearing on that brutally, balmy day.

64YD8l.jpg

0Fjt7l.jpg

Last edited:

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[quote name="Holdfast" url="/forum/thread/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/8480_20#post_4705172The best-fitting suit I've seen you post. Much better across the chest and torso than some of the others; no lapel bowing and proportions are pretty good.

The proportions of jackets from Paul Stuart are different than those of my usual source (BB) - somewhat shorter, which may have some salutary effect on my appearance (I have a big chest and short-ish legs). The fact that the suit is new means that it also has a better chance to have been bought with my current proportions in mind - I've changed shape significantly over the last several years. [/quote]

+1 to HF's comment. The new suit looks very good. Are the sleeves perhaps a trifle long?

Thanks TTO, Phatty, Parker. You make this thread a pleasure. Spoo, I love the color of your jacket.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The proportions of jackets from Paul Stuart are different than those of my usual source (BB) - somewhat shorter, which may have some salutary effect on my appearance (I have a big chest and short-ish legs). The fact that the suit is new means that it also has a better chance to have been bought with my current proportions in mind - I've changed shape significantly over the last several years.

+1 to HF's comment. The new suit looks very good. Are the sleeves perhaps a trifle long?

Thanks TTO, Phatty, Parker. You make this thread a pleasure. Spoo, I love the color of your jacket. [/quote]

Thank you, mon philosophe.

The sleeves are OK, I believe - it's that my shirt sleeves are camera-shy, for whatever reason :embar: .

My only problem now is that, subsequent to purchasing today's suit, I had a weak moment at BB as well (I am a sucker for a sale, it seems). I only hope that my instincts were correct in thinking that the proportions of the BB suit (a Regent) also suited me. I will submit photos for examination later this week - not without some small amount of trepidation . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics