1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Kevin, I think you can can some great looks out of this suit. But as Alexander said - perhaps more as separates than as a suit. IMO part of what makes this suit so challenging is not just the color - but also the relatively flat texture. The jacket would indeed look good with cream or light tan trousers - particularly with heavily textured trousers such as linen or even lighter weight wools with some pattern texture. (Is this suit wool or a blend? For some reason it seems hard to imagine it as all wool.) Pair that with a crisp white shirt, a medium brown grenadine tie, brown suede shoes and a mulicolor pocket square and too much cyan might just turn out just right. Conversely perhaps the trousers would work as an FU pant with a patterned/textured shirt in tan linen and a white or cream coat. Or, you could just do as you previously mentioned - pre spill some barbeque sauce on it and get it over with. :satisfied: Just some random thoughts .......................... Rock on!

2. Minarchist

Minarchist Senior member

No doubt. Victor, make/model of the shoes?

3. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Actually, it is. In 2030. :tinfoil:

4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

should be a quarter inch longer in length also

5. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

victor - who makes today's bag? where to buy yesterday's beretta? like the shoes and cufflinks from today. details on both?

6. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Fits looks good :).

7. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Well done. But i actually would like to see some details on the shoes.

8. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

Spoo - is your tie pulled or is it raw silk? Hard to tell on my smaller screen. I love the look at love the purple; I try to incorporate it is often as possible.

9. Aldehyde

Aldehyde Senior member

Deets on these shoes?

You consistently have fantastic shoes - one of the best collections on here I'd say. :slayer:

10. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

As I believe Spoo is having a busy week I'll jump in answer this question for him. Hope nobody minds.

The tie is a Drake's raw shantung silk. Unlined and handmade and very fine. I bought two from user Gyasih (don't know if he has any more)

User Thinkderm still has a few of these available in B/S for a great price - I believe even one in Lavender - if it's still available.

Not to sound like a salesmen - but they really are great ties for summer - very sophisticated.

11. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

I know that I do. Out of it, even more!

1 person likes this.
  12. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

i can't quite figure out what victorsf is saying... can someone help me decipher this message? i had mentioned that my french cuffs were pushing my suit jacket sleeve up because the cuffs are so big and i had a hard time trying to keep the right amount of cuff showing

13. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone

Classic is good, but I prefer women in Post-Modern stuff, or, if I'm feeling kinky, Art Deco.

1 person likes this.
  14. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Feedback given, where appropriate, by way of Thumbs, as usual.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
    11 people like this.
  15. VictorSF

VictorSF Senior member

kevinsp8

Thank you for your comment!

The logo on the chest here is not coincidental.
    This is a special blazer, which is sewed specially for fans of the private club of classical style, one of the organizers of which I also am. Also, the organization of this club is directly involved in the son of Pronin - Gregory.
    For blazers logo was taken from the first letter of the name Pronin, but this letter is connected with several other hidden meanings.
    The letter "P" stands for multiple meanings are known only to club members. Needle and Nutcombe symbolizes love are sewn to order products, as well as direct involvement in it and very Pronin.
    It's fun club, in which participants have fun and try to dress elegantly, sometimes severely, sometimes with humor. Conversing on various topics and participate in various events that are associated with style, sports, recreation and many others.

1 person likes this.
  16. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

HF, that's another nice look with a sedate tie. What's happening with your tie selection? Will Pucci be back next week?

17. VictorSF

VictorSF Senior member

Thank you!

This Cheaney Grosventor

18. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

lol - well, last Monday's tie was a pretty wild paisley print; they're still there in the mix. I tend to like wild prints, moderately patterned "flat" wovens, and solids for ties with prominent/rough weaves. All of them are actually pretty attention-grabbing, in their own different ways. It just happened that the last 2 tie days have been in the solid/heavily-textured camp. Never fear; I'll never "do" quiet. :)

19. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Please understand this is coming from someone who generally really enjoys your fits, but I have to know: Are you wearing some of your bolder outifts for work or play, and if it is work-what kind of work do you do that allows that kind of leeway at the office? And no suit is truly a tragic mistake, there is a time and place for every suit (as long as it is not from Mens Wearhouse...). And I think Mr. Blue is very cool (of course not for a job interview, court appearance or funeral...)

20. VictorSF

VictorSF Senior member

Today in photos of the bag Berluti

[​IMG]

I bought a bag yesterday in Moscow provider who orders the goods from Italy
    About the price - there are notably Russia. Our prices for such goods are often overestimated by 2-3 times compared with European and American. This is especially marketing and customs in Russia. Very sad but fact is fact.
    The bag had a price-list price in Russia about 2000-2500 Euro, I bought with a discount provided by the supplier.

[​IMG]

Shoes on the photo today - it's Cheaney Grosventor

[​IMG]

cufflinks - a Dunhill, Limited Edition, onyx and silver.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.