• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qpoint

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kevinsp8

Really? I wouldn't have thought that from the pic. In any case, that's the whole point of a suit, to hide flaws and trick the eye into seeing a more Hellenic ideal. I'm not sure specifically what needs to be done, but I'm SURE you can get a better cut on a suit to make you look better. Can anyone please hope me here?

100kg/1.78cm

At the moment I'm on weight-loss mission. I'll not invest heavily in Clothing. The plan is to be in better shape for Spring/Summer 2012, then I'll go MTM/bespoke with some of my warderobe.
smile.gif

emptym

Reaction score
Great stuff, Vox, Panda, and AJV. Has anyone seen Midnight in Paris? Nostalgia is the theme. Also, does anyone remember the very first post on the very first WAYWRN? I believe it was Branford or someone else saying he was wearing shorts and sneakers. I tried to check this, but Vox is right. The first WAYWRN thread is missing.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I humbly submit my entry into today's impromptu khaki suit ensemble, fully expecting to finish a distant third unless someone elses puches me further down the standings!

Cotton/linen suit is heavier than expected but doesn't wrinkle much, and will look better with lighter coloured shoes which are expected soon:

24ys714.jpg

PS too matchy, next time it will be blue:

1gq2rm.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
One of the best things that you've ever posted, Pandy. Wouldn't change a thing.

- B

Ahhh shucks you got me all misty!
laugh.gif
But seriously cheers!

Originally Posted by A.J.V
Really nice pic. And a great looking suit!

Cheers and it only took me 10 shots to get this on
plain.gif

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Looks good, Pand. You know, you can smoke in bars down here.
smile.gif

Send me a PM if you have time and want to get together.

Mike

Cheers Mike...can't wait! This will be my cherry-bustin' trip
lookaround.gif

Originally Posted by in stitches
these \\/

as for this

watch out he will drink you under the table and steal your sunglasses

Thanks...I've been training but just might leave the sunglasses at the hotel just in case
laugh.gif

EDIT: Thought I'd just throw the deets in on the suit...Never heard of the brand before 14th & Union but it's 100% linen and was $100.00 on clearance at The Rack + $10 for the hemming.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
New linen suit in prep for up coming trip to NOLA this month.

2011-07-05-12-32-23-834.jpg

1.75" cuff, and this would be fly-ass-pimp!
devil.gif
Still awesome, though!
smile.gif

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
1.75" cuff, and this would be fly-ass-pimp!
devil.gif
Still awesome, though!
smile.gif

Cheers Japan!

I thought about cuffs but decided not to get them as I wanted the option to be able to wear the trou without the jacket.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
Also, does anyone remember the very first post on the very first WAYWRN? I believe it was Branford or someone else saying he was wearing shorts and sneakers. I tried to check this, but Vox is right. The first WAYWRN thread is missing.
Don't recall the poster, but I'm pretty sure it was a text only post and that there was some Abercrombie & Fitch in there...

Awesome!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

The suit is splendid. Nothing says summer like a light-coloured linen suit, and I like that shirt/tie with it too. The cut seems a little looser than your usual, if my eyes and the photo do not decieve me, which I think is a good choice for it too. I can't actually make them out, but the shoes appear to be wholecuts. I have to admit, that is one shoe style I find myself unable to appreciate. Lovely colour though!

Great suit, great colours. Top notch stuff.
Originally Posted by A.J.V
It's not easy to be a rookie round here at the moment...
IMG_1379.JPG

Outfit is nice. This photo angle is not.
ffffuuuu.gif
(... and the prominent placement of the word "idea" on the chair's sticker gives it a more disturbing symbolism).

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Ok, I'm getting myself a beige linen suit right now. There are absolutely no flaws in this picture, just pure awesomeness (I usually hate to join forum praise choirs, but this pic calls for one).

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Qpoint
100kg/1.78cm

At the moment I'm on weight-loss mission. I'll not invest heavily in Clothing. The plan is to be in better shape for Spring/Summer 2012, then I'll go MTM/bespoke with some of my warderobe.
smile.gif

Great goal!

In the meantime you might consider wearing trousers whose color is more in keeping with the value of the jacket. (Meaning your jeans are very dark and your jacket very light.) By wearing a lighter color jean (something darker than the jacket but not lot's darker) you will find that your overall look will be slimmer.

Long lasts on the shoes help as well in this regard as they lengthen your overall look.

Cheers!

David Reeves

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5905575611_a83baac5a4.jpg
David Cotton by davidreeves1979, on Flickr[/IMG] Own label shirt and cotton jacket Rugby chinos Prada bag and shoes Dormeuil tie cotton Vintage military belt Turnbull cotton handkerchief Turnbull socks in primary yellow

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
David Reeves;4646517 said:
5905575611_a83baac5a4.jpg

David Cotton by davidreeves1979, on Flickr[/IMG]

Looks good to me, except for the shoes which are difficult to judge from the pic, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads