1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Back on track starting........ NOW.

Nice, N.

2. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

Guys, let's all be happy and grateful we've experienced a real nice style forum in the past, it probably wont be back again.

RIP SF

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Come on dude - todays WAYWRN was filled with old ghosts, thoughtful critique, snark, 5 pages of posts, gifs and memes.. god, I cant think of a day since the changeover where I felt more at home!

4. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

I know broseph, but still. The new forum doesn't give you that instant "happy feeling" I experienced when logging on to the old forum. Too much commercial and nonsense stuff going around here that's not too comfortable or relaxing, which is not what I want when I'm checking out a website in my spare minutes.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  5. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

If you think it's bad around here on WAYWRN you might want to check out the shoe thread where there is a heated debate 'afoot' regarding the proper classifcation of pattens vs. clogs in medieval footwear history. :D

(It's actually a little interesting.)

Cheer up guys! It wasn't really a bad day. There were some good fits, some clunkers, some goons and some guffaws.

I think it's just plain old hard for most of us to be too focused on great fits when it's so damn hot out. When the weather cools the mood will change again, and again, and again.

6. jqmunro

jqmunro Well-Known Member

Yes I need a real camera, and yes I'm not wearing a jacket. Sorry!

[​IMG]

7. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

negro please ...

link me (via pm, if neccesary to protect the innocent ... and guilty)

8. Benjamin E.

Benjamin E. Well-Known Member

That was sort of the idea; this was for a casual get together last Sunday (probably should have made a note of that). It was over 90 degrees out so I went for a slouchy look. Doing everything up would have made the heat unbearable. I generally wear the same thing to work, but with grey wool trousers instead of khakis, and then I stay buttoned up until it gets too hot in my office. If I was wearing the tie to work or a formal occasion, then I would have knotted it more carefully and paid more attention to the length, but this was very casual. You are correct about the trouser length, though. I will have to take care of that later...

I'll take another picture tomorrow as I'm leaving for work to give you an idea of what it looks like all put together.

The trousers are very baggy, but then again I like them that way.

The tie is really quite beautiful, as is the vest. It looks much better in person that it does in that photo.

Thanks for the advice and the criticism!

9. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

I think this all proves my place in SF. I am the boobs-siah of the new forum. Come suckle at my breasts... except that I've been working out recently and have less of a breast to suckle. Well. That won't work.

Instead, I think the forum needs this fit again, still with the top hat.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

10. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

And, there will be many more who will discover SF in its new, evolving style and be content, inspired and happy.

My business mentor used to tell me "change or die". And he was right. Embrace change and enjoy it.

1 person likes this.
  11. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Just want to say, this has been the most interesting day of WAYWRN I have seen in a very long time. Snark is always entertaining, and is useful if it has substance...

12. harry2quinn

harry2quinn Senior member

In before the lock.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  13. Tibor

Tibor Senior member

[​IMG]

Sorry for the I-phone pic. I was seated at dinner and wearing a DB 6x2 suit ,so I did not unbutton it. Is it bad manners in the USA to unbutton a DB 6x2 suit when seated?

Charcoal blue gray chalkstripe double breasted 6x2 suit
    Contrast white lightblue stripe shirt
    Solid Navy herringbone tie
    Burgandy pocketsquare
    Black wingtips
    Gold Art Deco Oval cufflinks

Optimo is fixing my fedora so I should have one in about a week. Also I have my eyes on a new prospect(hat).

14. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

15. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone

Jesus, titsworth. You need to schedule a session with HoldFast.

:tinfoil:

16. timotune

timotune Senior member

Seoul-Trip: Day One

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Nicely done. I'm digging everything about this look except the jacket/trouser color combination. Maybe it's the bathroom lighting, but that combo just isn't working for me. Great shirt and PS, by the way.

18. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

This forum has gone to the dogs. I used to be addicted because everything seemed so fresh, with a wide array of posters who were both committed and inventive with posts and threads. Now the only people who seem to post are <100 post people, and the only things those with more than 1000 posts seem to voice are complaints. StyleForvm was in its death throes before the changeover, lots of people said that, and I agreed.

Now, after the changeover, with its clunky operating and invasive adverts, the final nail has been put in the coffin. I think its only a matter of time until the old guard goes away, and people like myself who used to have a passion for this site join the ranks of SoCal, Trini, Mao, Vox, PhatGuido, Barims &c. and just disappear.

Spoo and his sycophants are welcome to it.

19. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Do you have a solution to offer?

20. SpooPoker

Whats that supposed to mean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.