• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westpointkappa

Reaction score

Today: Jacket, waistcoat & trousers - MTM, Thomas Mahon/English cut. Shirt - MTM, Turnbull & Asser. Tie - Dehaviland. PS - Turnbull & Asser. Shoes - AE, Strand. Since it's not quite winter yet, I dropped the waistcoat after lunch. I'm not happy with the trousers, and have returned them to Tom for alternation once. Still not satisfied. To baggy, and the rise feels wrong. Any suggestions how to fix them?
Lightish gray fresco and dark brown WTB below.
Off to church. Jacket is linen by Faconnable, cotton trou by Incotex, shirt A. Basile. These loafers are of the absolute softest leather I've ever felt on a shoe. LOVE THEM (Bruno Magli)! The jacket is a medium blue herringbone with a muted red plaid.
Nice color scheme!

Dark Knot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have forgotten to add the Outtake Picture:
This is a great picture, especially with the upcoming fall season. The olive green sits really well against the light pink tie, and the fact that it is knitted adds an extra element of contrast. Anytime you can contrast both colors and fabrics, you are doing a great job.

Dark Knot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rainy and gloomy Sunday morning in DC. This is unchartered territory for me with these new ties. I am good with all my fit hence only the close up shots. Looking for feedback on tie-shirt-suit combo. Thanks!
I like this look. While it is monochromatic, it does look very elegant. However, since we are approaching fall season, and especially if you go out on a rainy day, a burgundy or olive green tie would top off that suit beautifully. Pattern wise this is a great combination as you have a plaid tie with a solid shirt and a solid suit! I like the look overall!

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I love the look, but if the circumstances are unfortunate, I hope you are ok. Looks are secondary.
+1 to all of this. Hope you're alright.

Dark Knot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting, don! To my eye, this suit with trimmer, shorter jacket and slightly slimmer trouser has a huge advantage over other suits I've seen ya post-- I like this one and double breasted best so far!

I like this look a lot. The suit fits well, the shirt sleeves are slightly longer than the jacket sleeves which are a must. The four-in-hand knot works really well because the collar spread isn't extra wide, and the tie quality seems extremely high! Great look!

TobiasM

Reaction score
This is a great picture, especially with the upcoming fall season. The olive green sits really well against the light pink tie, and the fact that it is knitted adds an extra element of contrast. Anytime you can contrast both colors and fabrics, you are doing a great job.
Light pink tie? The shirt is white and the tie green, you can see some more pics here:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/57915#post_6539931
and in the spoiler

But anyway thanks for the kind words

Dark Knot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Cantarelli wool/linen/silk jacket
Polo shirt
Brooks Black Fleece cream linen trousers
Paul Stuart knit, olive with blue dot
Suede AE Graysons
That is a great look, and the knitted tie fabric / color combination with the hint of blue works perfectly with this ensemble! Love it!

Dark Knot

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Today with a SB suit

I like this look a lot. The suit fits well, the shirt sleeves are slightly longer than the jacket sleeves which are a must. The four-in-hand knot works really well because the collar spread isn't extra wide, and the tie quality seems extremely high! Great look!

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peak Lapel Sunday:
You really need color in your outfit, bro.

Kidding. Same tie as last time? Who makes it? I have an RT that looks just like it. Two, actually. And I just discovered they're extremely subtle bi-color knits.

TobiasM

Reaction score
You really need color in your outfit, bro.

Kidding. Same tie as last time? Who makes it? I have an RT that looks just like it. Two, actually. And I just discovered they're extremely subtle bi-color knits.

Enough color?

But to answer your question, no it's not the same tie. The green one is made by the knottery. The orange is made by the tie bar

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

Well done.

I wonder if it was the same factory. I'm sure I could tell if you posted a closeup of the back of the tie and how it's sewn together, but who really cares.

Nice getup.

CrimsonSox

Reaction score
I like the tie a lot. The lighter ground matches your suit color very well, and the darker color provides contrast. My favorite outfit of yours so far, one that I would be happy to wear.

I have a bias against combining city suits with burgundy ties (reminds me too much of the 80s and of politicians) or earth toned ties (reminds me too much of the 90s). My two sartorial touchstones are the late 50s and the 30s, and it's rare to find those burgundy or earth toned ties matched with city suits (as opposed to tweeds or country suits) in photographs of the best dressers from those times.

Rainy and gloomy Sunday morning in DC. This is unchartered territory for me with these new ties. I am good with all my fit hence only the close up shots. Looking for feedback on tie-shirt-suit combo. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads