• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonCologne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this look a lot. The suit fits well, the shirt sleeves are slightly longer than the jacket sleeves which are a must. The four-in-hand knot works really well because the collar spread isn't extra wide, and the tie quality seems extremely high! Great look!
You have a good eye on details. The tie is a Marinella 7 fold.

And today last day of 15 days working in 17 days. First time I wear a lapel flower.

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can make a close up of the back if you want.
RT?
Robert Talbott. Here are my two;

A bit shocking RT makes stuff in China. But, hey, that's life.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yours looks better ;)

I haven't even worn either of these yet. When did I get them? Eight months ago. Hah.

Oh SF. Why do you make me purchase things I will never wear.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice MokeyFace!

Monkeyface, incredible suit - very jealous. I, like others, am not enamoured of the shirt - but you've already explained why it had to be worn that day.

MF - nice stuff. New tie is great.
Thanks for all the comments and thumbs!

Finally picked up my drycleaning today, but that meant I still had to wear the same shirt as yesterday. I think it works much better with this single breasted brown pinstripe suit, very much of a 1930s vibe. I really like this unlined and untipped Drakes grenadine, would love to own more of these kind of grenadines.

I don't think I've ever given SF the chance to gaze upon my luscious locks, so here is my entry for the awesome hair club.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Belvest fresco suit
Mercer "buttonless button-down" unlined collar oxford
Rubinacci tie

I quite like this combo, but I'm curious - has the suit been dry cleaned? Lapel roll is completely gone...

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the tie a lot. The lighter ground matches your suit color very well, and the darker color provides contrast. My favorite outfit of yours so far, one that I would be happy to wear.

I have a bias against combining city suits with burgundy ties (reminds me too much of the 80s and of politicians) or earth toned ties (reminds me too much of the 90s). My two sartorial touchstones are the late 50s and the 30s, and it's rare to find those burgundy or earth toned ties matched with city suits (as opposed to tweeds or country suits) in photographs of the best dressers from those times.
Navy suit with a dark brown tie is one of the best combinations there is imho.

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To get a new lapel roll or to make a 3-roll-2 jacket from a normal 3 button jacket I made this video:

Some people may have an issue with that. I put some work in to mine from time to time but not like that.

And tell me, how much did you sweat right there?

CrimsonSox

Reaction score
Drake's is a great tie maker. One of the few firms that offers heavyweight 50 ounce silk. Does the lack of lining affect the crease recovery? All my ties are lined, so I'm curious about your experience with unlined ties.

Last edited:

rudals1281

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Rudals - looks quite nice to me. some more contrast would be nice, as clags said, but i think it works as a somber, somewhat monochromatic, fit.

I like this look. While it is monochromatic, it does look very elegant. However, since we are approaching fall season, and especially if you go out on a rainy day, a burgundy or olive green tie would top off that suit beautifully. Pattern wise this is a great combination as you have a plaid tie with a solid shirt and a solid suit! I like the look overall!

I like the tie a lot. The lighter ground matches your suit color very well, and the darker color provides contrast. My favorite outfit of yours so far, one that I would be happy to wear.

I have a bias against combining city suits with burgundy ties (reminds me too much of the 80s and of politicians) or earth toned ties (reminds me too much of the 90s). My two sartorial touchstones are the late 50s and the 30s, and it's rare to find those burgundy or earth toned ties matched with city suits (as opposed to tweeds or country suits) in photographs of the best dressers from those times.
Thx all! I was intentionally going for the dark somber look. I wanted to the tie to blend in with the suit. I tend to shy away from ties that look like a sore thumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads