• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
AS, your shoes may not meet mimo's standards, but I'd say all but the wingtip sneaks and maybe the boat shoes are fine. It looks like you have the all of the bases covered (and in the case of the bit loafers, smothered), so there's no need to buy any additional shoes which aren't a step up in quality and shape. In other words, save your pennies and hold out for some good, mid-tier footwear.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
citan, SB and HC, very nice color and pattern combos.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
didnt get to take top pics til after dark, so the lighting is horrendous making the colors off. sorry.

better shot of shirt and tie.

Last edited:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
didnt get to take top pics til after dark, so the lighting is horrendous making the colors off. sorry.

I think the shirt and tie are kind of washed out. I think a darker tie would be better. Also the socks are awesome. Details. Also, I dislike the shoes for reasons mentioned before.

Last edited:

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I think the shirt and tie are kind of washed out.  I think a darker tie would be better.  Also the socks are awesome.  Details.  Also, I dislike the shoes for reasons mentioned before.  

I agree about the tie. Also Stichy, I've given you *********** past for your ridiculous man crush on Spoo, but I have to give you credit here for not following Spoo and Henry Carter in wearing striped shirts with those tall exposed collar bands. Sets of stripes running in three different directions around the tie knot (which is the focal point of an outfit) just give me a headache. The style you have chosen here looks much better IMO.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the shirt and tie are kind of washed out.  I think a darker tie would be better.  Also the socks are awesome.  Details.  Also, I dislike the shoes for reasons mentioned before.  

you can blame the top issues on the lighting. they look a lot better together and far less washed out in normal lighting conditions. the tie is predominantly brown and the shirt blue. too dark a tie and i lose contrast against the jacket which is a darker navy.

this is as close to reality as i can get at present without natural light.

all that being said, its not my fave combo by a long shot.

socks are RL, a secret santa gift from edmorel this past december. no recollection as to why you dislike the shoes, and thats fine with me. :)

I agree about the tie. Also Stichy, I've given you *********** past for your ridiculous man crush on Spoo, but I have to give you credit here for not following Spoo and Henry Carter in wearing striped shirts with those tall exposed collar bands. Sets of stripes running in three different directions around the tie knot (which is the focal point of an outfit) just give me a headache. The style you have chosen here looks much better IMO.

glad this appeased you. :)

though i dont think i have a "ridiculous man crush" on spoo. he is a good friend, we have met up a number of times, and i think he dresses well. if that makes for a man crush, so be it.

Last edited:

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

you can blame the top issues on the lighting. they look a lor better together and far less washed out in normal lighting conditions. the tie is predominantly brown and the shirt blue. ill try and snap a better pic another time.

socks are RL, a secret santa gift from edmorel this past december. no recollection as to why you dislike the shoes, and thats fine with me. :)
glad this appeased you. :)

though i dont think i have a "man crush" on spoo. he is a good friend, we have met up a number of times, and i think he dresses well. I frequently reference him in my posts, have an encyclopedic knowledge of his entire wardrobe which I use to answer questions on this forum directed at him, and had pictures taken in his car. if that makes for a man crush, so be it.

So we're in agreement then! Score one for detente!:D

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
wearing striped shirts with those tall exposed collar bands.
I've got several with higher collar bands, some striped, just because I have a big head and the large collar helps balance it out. Stitchy doesn't have a giant head, so he's no need. Don't know about Spoo and HC.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've got several with higher collar bands, some striped, just because I have a big head and the large collar helps balance it out. Stitchy doesn't have a giant head, so he's no need. Don't know about Spoo and HC.

derek is going to have a field day with that when he gets here in a few hours.

that being said, since all my shirts are RTW, the lack of a high neck band is purely coincidental. i think a lot of spoos are finamore, and i only have one finamore, and its a solid. could also just be the way the collar lays on fat neck maybe?

joshuasaussey

Reaction score
The color scheme and all seems fine, but the fit of the jacket seems odd. It may just be your build, but the shoulders are very square and broad and the waist looks very tapered. It looks quite extreme. Your arms look very long as well. I'd say the sleeves are a little bit too long. Not that big a deal though.

I think that is just me
frown.gif
for better or worse. The shoulders are very naturally sloped and don't overhang my shoulder. I am a 42 chest and 33 waist (not a huge drop) but that may account for it. The sleeves are an optical illusion of the angle, about .5 inch of the shirt sleeves peeks through though they could be a tad shorter I suppose for some tastes.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, I think this has been brought up before over in MC:Casual some time ago. Citan, like I, has broad hips which emphasizes the waist taper.

I don't think it's too big of a deal IMO, still a great fit!

Drudged

Reaction score

Not exactly a conservative business dress CM fit, but it was comfortable nonetheless...

The cardigan and shirt are from Inis Meain, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite manufacturers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads