• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syeknom

Reaction score
Really good monochrome outfit Sir.
Only positive suggestions..
Excellent collar fit, looks snug without being uncomfortable, good collar height and stance, good tie knot (personal opinion - add a second turn to make it a DFIH to add interesting visual detail).
SC fits well, nice high gorge I like the high sleeve openings as well.
Pocket square is good but again - personal opinion - add more fold or turn it edges and corners up to add interesting visual detail (see example pics below, with respect, I am sure the owners of these pics will not object)

Maybe a shiny or brushed steel tie bar/clip, nothing like the glint of steel to catch the eye. (more detail)

Thanks very much for the comments!

The collar of this shirt is great. I think that when I put together a Luxire order soon I'll ask if they can replicate it.

I wear a double four-in-the-hand knot with everything except grenadines - I've not tried it but the material seems too thick to work with the double layering.

Suit is SuitSupply flannel in the London cut from last winter's collection.

Appreciate the feedback. :)

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
catching up...took the day off yesterday to go with my wife to see the sonogram. Heres the first pic of my little girl!
and heres the fit from yesterday..
TF for Gucci, Charvey, BR monogram, Magnani shooz

And today
JCrew, Finamore, Chipp grenadine tie, no name PS, yount trous, Ferragamo single monks

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

FillW

Reaction score
More cas' today. Jeans and no tie. Also wearing one of my favorite jackets which, surprisingly, has never appeared on SF before.

I should wear one of my better SCs with jeans to work. I don't think I'd try wearing a PS though. I doubt if most of these people even know what one is and it might cause a hysteria.
lol8[1].gif

More black grenadines!

Looks good!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I will add turtlenecks to my repertoire ASAP thanks to your posts! I dig that look.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I never felt comfortable wearing them before but I think the cool look is worth it.
Quote:
Up after too little sleep last night (a work emergency). Hopefully it doesn't show in my choices today (the advantage of laying out one's clothes the night before).

Suit - BB
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Andrew's Ties
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Turnbull & Asser
Hat - Selentino

UC: Great look as always!
catching up...took the day off yesterday to go with my wife to see the sonogram. Heres the first pic of my little girl!

And today
JCrew, Finamore, Chipp grenadine tie, no name PS, yount trous, Ferragamo single monks
Very dapper!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Best wishes for a healthy mother and baby also!
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

Dewi

Reaction score

And today

Awesome. Congrats, and good luck, again.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today. An improvement from yesterday, let me assure you, but still not sure I'm back on whatever semblance of game I had. Last time I tried this SC, SB suggested I try it with lighter, trou and tie. So here's my attempt. I also tried for a lighter square, but couldn't find anything that didn't clash with the gun check tie.
Huntsman Borrelli HF wool/silk blend tie unknown sq Trafalgar Zegna Pantherella Vintage Florsheim Royal Imperial

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GMMcL, that looks pretty good, though an off-white or pale blue shirt would have been optimal. Or is your shirt actually ecru?

Nice use of patterned pents
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

And today

Nice outfits! And congratulations!

Today. An improvement from yesterday, let me assure you, but still not sure I'm back on whatever semblance of game I had.

Last time I tried this SC, SB suggested I try it with lighter, trou and tie. So here's my attempt. I also tried for a lighter square, but couldn't find anything that didn't clash with the gun check tie.

Huntsman
Borrelli
HF wool/silk blend tie
unknown sq
Trafalgar
Zegna
Pantherella
Vintage Florsheim Royal Imperial

Great, great, great!

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GMMcL, that looks pretty good, though an off-white or pale blue shirt would have been optimal. Or is your shirt actually ecru?

Nice use of patterned pents
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Thanks, all. The shirt is white. I tried the ecru, but it was too matchy with the ground of the tie. Also tried powder blue AND light blue with a faint, very tight green stripe. Neither worked, so I just gave up and went all blank canvas.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Up after too little sleep last night (a work emergency). Hopefully it doesn't show in my choices today (the advantage of laying out one's clothes the night before).

Suit - BB
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Andrew's Ties
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Turnbull & Asser
Hat - Selentino

Really like the orange here! I hope you don't mind me asking, but how do you fold your PS like that? I've managed to fold it in similar way a couple of times by accident, but was never able to properly recreate it afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads