• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Because the fit is totally off. I mean, just look at what´s going on in the knees, that´s not a good look. Pretty much same thing going down at the bottom.  I don´t know if I´m seeing right, is that a t-shirt peeking out?... I just saw the spoilered pic, and I think you should consider "hiding" it. Get a v-neck if you must wear some sort of undershirt.
In general I would say the colors of the whole outfit ain´t working either. I´m also not a fan of the shoes nor the pocket square, this last one looks like a napkin and doesn´t jive with the rest of the clothes. Tirailleur is known to rock the ps with casual fits, but the man´s got style like very few do. 

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the detail, which is helpful. I don't necessarily agree w/r/t colors, but I do appreciate the point of view and will take it into consideration.

Ivar

Reaction score

Because.....?

I know picture/pose quality isn't supposed to be an excuse, but I will say they more fitted than they seem. FWIW, I'm of an age where rolling jeans looks absurd, as does painted on jeans. These are about as low rise/fitted as I'll ever care to wear.

Dude, those jeans already look absurd. Off you go to your local haberdasher! Tell him you want wool pants with creases -- lots of them! -- and its hems tastefully cuffed. You can thank us later. :cheers:

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was today

Ivar

Reaction score
Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Kap, I like the ps a lot in the context. It clearly states you are intending this outfit to be playful...without it you would by a guy in a black turtleneck and a gray blazer...make of that as y'all will.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know picture/pose quality isn't supposed to be an excuse, but I will say they more fitted than they seem. FWIW, I'm of an age where rolling jeans looks absurd, as does painted on jeans. These are about as low rise/fitted as I'll ever care to wear.

What age is that? :)

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to start using my dslr instead of the Iphone...

SC is a caramel wool/cashmere from Oscar Jacobson.
Tie is a wide rep wool/cashmere from Zegna.
Trousers are from Oscar Jacobson. Dark chocolate moleskins.
Light blue shirt from Bruun & Stengade.
Wool socks in a blue herringbone pattern from Wolsey.
PS is a super soft wool from Altea.
And last but not least my favourite footwear. #8 tassels.

Second photo is of my new SC (needs a pressing after shipping.
It is a wool/mohair jacket in navy with a faint check pattern.
The sleeves needs adjusting but the rest fits me well in my humble opinion.
The maker is Raffaele Caruso Sartoria Parma.

Last edited:

belltower

Reaction score
(Xposting from streetwear, realized it might be more appropriate here)

Before going out to an event, I ran into Freeman's and grabbed the jacket, shirt, and tie. Paired with these jeans.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Top combo pic only, bottom is an acknowledged fail (too close in color to jacket, but my brown flannels are at the cleaners so I just have 3 pairs of light greys now
lol8[1].gif
)

The tie is a twill print, perhaps too formal for this, but it has a gummy, chalky hand, much like madder.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit - BB GF
Shirt & Tie - BB
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Johnston's of Elgin
Hat - Selentino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads