• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Negative Ghost Rider...

I'm in talks about an affiliate vendorship as we speak.

congrats on the business venture.

You still have a chronically flaccid penis.

Scbrown

Reaction score

First post here goes nothing,

Suit: BB
Shirt: PRL
Tie: PRL
Shoe: C&J Peal

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Knock it off with the glasses thing will ya? You are better than that!

I dont think this makes any sense at all.

iirc, he has stated before, that its a practical application, not a style point. he uses the glasses and finds the breast pocket a convenient place to store them, and ime, it is.

great look ianGP, very smooth.

For this reason.

Its a pocket. need a place to put ****? BAM! IN THE POCKET! Utilitarian use at its finest.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The "convenient storage" argument would only make sense with a crisply folded square or no pocket square. Having to fix your silk poof every time you take your glasses out and put them back in is way too fussy.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

The "convenient storage" argument would only make sense with a crisply folded square or no pocket square. Having to fix your silk poof every time you take your glasses out and put them back in is way too fussy.

I wear eyeglasses to drive, but take them off when im at my desk. I cant tell you how many times i stuff my specs in my breast pocket. And i dont think ive ever fixed my poof afterwards. If you do, then yeah...thats a little too fussy.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i doubt ianGP does that. he probably just uses the pocket and, lets what may, happen to the puff. i dont think he gives that much of a **** tbh.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

i doubt ianGP does that. he probably just uses the pocket and, lets what may, happen to the puff. i dont think he gives that much of a **** tbh.

eyeglass storage. Srs Bidnass.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

First post here goes nothing, Suit: BB Shirt: PRL Tie: PRL Shoe: C&J Peal
fit looks a little snug around the middle..and the shoulders seem to be doing something odd...could be the way youre standing. The biggest fix to me would be a different color shirt. I guess im just not a fan of that color...looks too "express" to me...just my 2cents. I think the look would benefit greatly from a white shirt (GASP!) and a different square..pattern on the square looks too similar to the tie. Welcome!!

Dewi

Reaction score

Isn't that a man's name?  Derek, you might be doing this all wrong if you want a baby....

Congrats, Dewi!*

(*joke about Acrid Sheep deleted)

What you did there, I see it.

Ei wylio, mimo. Ei wylio.

congrats D. just wait till she's old enough to date. Buy some guns. make sure guys like me stay far away.

We find out march 26th what its gonna be. REALLY excited.

Good day, that is.

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First post here goes nothing, Suit: BB Shirt: PRL Tie: PRL Shoe: C&J Peal
Welcome to the forum! Agree with DerekS re: the fit, shoulders, and shirt color, though I would go with light blue over white (I'm assuming this is a solid navy suit--if it's charcoal, perhaps white would be better). I'd also add that a different pocket square would be much better as this one is way to close in both color and pattern to the tie. Frankly, I'm not much of a fan of the tie in general, but fix the rest and you'll be looking pretty good.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Welcome to the forum!

Agree with DerekS re: the fit, shoulders, and shirt color, though I would go with light blue over white (I'm assuming this is a solid navy suit--if it's charcoal, perhaps white would be better). I'd also add that a different pocket square would be much better as this one is way to close in both color and pattern to the tie. Frankly, I'm not much of a fan of the tie in general, but fix the rest and you'll be looking pretty good.

ahh i assumed the suit was charcoal or even black. I concur, if its a navy suit..light blue shirt. While i dont like the tie either, nothings wrong with it. just not my cup o tea. a simple change of shirt and PS would do PLENTY to give this a much better look without having to change too much.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Enough of this bullshit fellas. I have a pocket square on display every (work) day. I also carry sunglasses every day. In the breast pocket, behind the pocket square. They com eout and go back in several times a day but I rarely if ever have to adjust the pocket square and in any event I don't hang the arm of the glasses out of the pocket so ostentatiously as to say "Look at me everyone! I have sunglasses! Kneel at my feet you worthless plebs!" It takes the eye completely away from the rest of the outfit and is just not necessary. IanGP has some very good fits and doesn't need to be shouting with his accessories, and I'm not even gonna address the anal beads!

Scbrown

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Agree with DerekS re: the fit, shoulders, and shirt color, though I would go with light blue over white (I'm assuming this is a solid navy suit--if it's charcoal, perhaps white would be better). I'd also add that a different pocket square would be much better as this one is way to close in both color and pattern to the tie. Frankly, I'm not much of a fan of the tie in general, but fix the rest and you'll be looking pretty good.

ahh i assumed the suit was charcoal or even black. I concur, if its a navy suit..light blue shirt. While i dont like the tie either, nothings wrong with it. just not my cup o tea. a simple change of shirt and PS would do PLENTY to give this a much better look without having to change too much.

Yes, The suit is solid navy. Only wearing this shirt to support Relay For Life at my university today. Purple shirts are not really my thing either unless they are gingham.

You guys got me I gained a little weight this semester.

I have problems with shoulders in alot of jackets as I have really broad shoulders that lift the pads.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

"Look at me everyone! I have sunglasses! Kneel at my feet you worthless plebs!"

yes. thats exactly what i think when i see someones sunglasses.

I think that someone who quibbles over the position of the sunglass arm being inside the pocket or outside to differentiate between ostentatious and acceptable needs to step away from the forum and come back to reality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads