• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

willsgillen

Reaction score
Diaz's favorite shirt ^_^
I probably seem like a hater (I'm honestly not) and I only comment because I care / sold you some ties so feel responsible for your steez soul... I don't think that's a sportcoat shirt. I don't love it but - especially here in London - it's a thing. You see a lot of people rocking a navy, charcoal or even electric pinstripe suit with shirts like that. I just think the pattern is too bold for an odd jacket, unless maybe a navy blazer. Even if the scale were smaller, that much white and paired only with a bold, brightish blue seems to call for a suit much more than a brown SC.
I have to say, for some reason I really like the shirt and think it'd look great with a navy or charcoal blazer... For what it's worth. Also yes, the collar is awesome.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the PS but felt like the combo needed something different to punch it up.

Maybe a colourful, but not so vibrant square would have been a better idea - nevertheless, I like it. White linen would have been more coherent, but your goal was to spice it up, so I think you did pretty well by limiting the "craziness" to a single element.

ctp120

Reaction score
RJE,

Not having followed the forum for several months now, I logged on hoping to find one of your yearly "best of"/digest threads. Any intent for one this year?

Last edited:

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went for a walk in the snow with my family. Levi 501's, miscellaneous everything else (ear band from Idre Fjäll, Sweden).

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe a colourful, but not so vibrant square would have been a better idea - nevertheless, I like it. White linen would have been more coherent, but your goal was to spice it up, so I think you did pretty well by limiting the "craziness" to a single element.

I think the point about vibrancy is a good one. This reminds me that my PS arsenal needs expanding.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's just a bit too vibrant, but far from objectionable.

Maybe a colourful, but not so vibrant square would have been a better idea - nevertheless, I like it. White linen would have been more coherent, but your goal was to spice it up, so I think you did pretty well by limiting the "craziness" to a single element.

I think the point about vibrancy is a good one. This reminds me that my PS arsenal needs expanding.

What am I, chopped liver? :D

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@stitches can we get a picture of you wearing pents without the jacket. I think you don't necessarily need a fuller break. I suspect that your waist line is slanted towards the front, resulting in excess fabric under your belt line and your pants not falling straight down in the front but drooping in somewhat a J shape.
love the gif. interesting idea, i honestly dont remember how my pants were positioned when i took the pic. as loathe as i am to post unjacketed pis, and reveal my true fattitude, next time i wear the suit i will try and summon the courage to do so, since you asked so nicely and made an awesome gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics