• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Trying to work with this cashmere Armani jacket (black label, which may make it a little better than the usual Armani crap) from Ebay ($60). Was disappointed when I first received it, but maybe there is hope. It is only 2 inches longer than jackets that would appear slightly short on me (per pocketsquares guy's recommendation to me) , but with the 3 button style it looks very long to me. I buttoned all 3 buttons because it almost appears that there is a forth button I haven't buttoned. This is the best I've come up with, and kind of like it, but looking for input. Bookster tweed cap, Loro Piana ivory turtleneck, Brioni Navy blue cords, Bally shoes. This kind of has a Gatsby look to me, dated, but perhaps thats not bad. Thanks Guys.

The coat is definitely long on you.

What happens if you don't button the top button? Does the lapel roll over the third button, or are the lapels creased such that this doesn't happen? If it rolls, this would definitely help. You could just button the middle button.

Also, don't button the bottom button, that's not helping...

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wut da hell....how come no one comments on my pictures.. it's not like I post every day :(

yywwyy... I went back to find your pic (can't repost it here for some reason)... maybe it's because you are standing in a shadow in a hotel room and the fit is 95% indiscernible in the photo. I'm being honest here... what is there to be commented on aside from the silhouette... which looks fine btw (from what I can see!)

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wut da hell....how come no one comments on my pictures.. it's not like I post every day :(

That means you didn't do anything wrong, but it is also ... "boring" (your own word). Your picture is dark, hard to really see anything clearly enough to comment on. Overall, looks pretty solid.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@PTW:

It's rare indeed to see a jacket these days that runs longer than the wearer's hands. Usually shortening a jacket more than a fraction throws off all the lower proportion but you could chop several inches off that and make it fit you better, and actually improve the proportion (as long as you don't fasten te lower button!)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

all the clothing is mine....she comes to my place and brings her samples. we both go hrough my closet and find things. Its really nice to have an outsider dig through and try different things...she's paired such obvious combos of mine together that i for some reason NEVER realized. she trusts me probably far too much and leaves a lot of it up to me though.

this sounds awesome. i wish i was a handsome douchebag like you, and people would pay me to help make awesome combos.

EDIT: People said enough. I will save my words.

onix, long time no see. how have you been?
--
seamaster - awesome fit!

Johnboy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wut da hell....how come no one comments on my pictures.. it's not like I post every day
frown.gif

YY Now here is a pic of yourself that I am sure was complimented on a lot and would be commented on definitely again.It definitely was a great pic of you..

I hope you can remember it well, you were looking so good, the lighting was good, we could see what you were wearing. Hell back then we even buttoned your second button and put a pocket square in for you. The accessories made all the difference.
Where am I going with this...
Well you looked so good in your outfit that we all remarked on it a lot and we so much wanting you so it better next time, cos, let's face it, you can dress quite nicely when you want to, which unfortunately is not too often, so maybe you could make all us lurkers here so happy and post regular "real cool" posts like these more often. I will then from my part comment every post....

What do you say yy?? Back to glory days... Let us know..

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh crap. I hate that fit. I remember getting some great feedback back then, which has led to my tastes changing quite the bit. I don't have a proper camera, so I'm looking for one currently- we'll see what happens. Thanks for the kind words!

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am happy with that interpretation. I didn't do anything wrong, lol.

yeah, it does feel kind of "forever alone" when you get no comments, but it also usually means, you have not done anything egregious.

Life outside of SF has been treating me fine :). It seems like your post count is about 10x mine now.

fantastic. glad to hear you are well. indeed, it is. :embar: well, almost.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads