• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright boys, I know I'm going to get squished for this one, but *******.

BB Shirt
Zegna Tie
PRL Herringbone Pantaloons, 1.5" cuff
You've all seen these boots.

Come at me bros....

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry buddy, cant tell the correct colors. tie seems too shiny. not a huge fran of those kinds of sweaters.

i would throw a SC on top of it, and wear a fuzzier/more matted tie.

not horrible tho, imo.

:)

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spoo where are the belt and shoes from in your most recent pic?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

spoo where are the belt and shoes from in your most recent pic?

iirc, trafalgar belt, from one of his spots in nyc, and gucci shoes from ebay. most of his fits hit tumblr first, often with more info. :teach:

:)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

looks good...would look better sans vest.

Candidate Santorum is not issuing any statements at the moment but he will be releasing a statement to the media later this afternoon discussing his love of sweater vests.

SeamasterLux

Reaction score
Wow, so many comments. The picture ugprade does provide more opportunities for comments indeed and thanks to all of you for taking the time to comment.

Seamasterlux, I have to admit, while I love the fabric and the color combination of your outfit, I would not have personally gone for a patch pocket construction, everything looks too city/business for me for patches.
Also what happened to the lovely shoes(what are they?)? I have seldomly seen wrinkles in a captoe?

Regarding the patch pocket, there was no question, I fell in love at first sight and really wanted them on this fabric. I know it would have been more understandable on a simple navy blazer but still, I'm fond of it.

Regarding the shoes (cheap Loding: 140 EUR, but cool patina which makes the difference), my feet are wide but rather flat at the end and the half-extra sole was too painful, hence the unfortunate wrinkles. Curious since I've got these in black too and don't have this issue.
Looking at your post and noting how perfect the fitting etc. of every other part of your outfit is, I thought I might adjust your tie knot for you.
Makes all the difference I think.
fing02%5B1%5D.gif

It's all in the details TBH - or why bother to wear a PS if you don't get your tie knot straight.
Hope you like the difference.

Hahaha, true indeed, I took the pictures a bit quickly but I actually re-adjusted it the knot in the mirror before leaving home so fear not!

that's a very nice asola lucida!

Thank you and I agree, Sartoria Ripense's asola lucida are my favorites.

i see nothing but win, here.

cheers.gif
Thank you!

Disagree.

Thanks, I also didn't see any problem with the combination but I still consider myself a newbie in the pattern combination world compared to some advanced experts here so I'll tread softly and take every constructive criticism.

Perfection! Love the belt/shoe sitch, too.

Thanks a lot. It's a cheap 170 EUR combo for both + 50 for both to get a patina. The Loding shoes last long and well except this particular one that got wrinkles from the start. I like them anyway.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's not altered yet. Definitely I'll do cuffs and shorten sleeves.

Both this issues are more about personal choice rather than any sort of orthodoxy, when the degree is small. For example, I think your suit already shows about 1/8" of linen, which is perfectly fine (more will show when in motion of course). Personally, I greatly prefer only a sliver of shirt cuff showing (1/4" at the very most) when standing normally rather than the the 1/4"-1/2" range more commonly seen on this forum. There are some vaguely plausible aesthetic reasons to choose to show more cuff with certain outfits e.g. if all the other details are in sync with it (e.g. relatively short jacket, minimal trouser break, etc, etc). but all else being equal, it really is more about personal choice. Turn-ups/cuffs follow the same logic, but even more so IMO.

Anyway, was 50/50 about this tie choice today, but in the end couldn't be bothered to change it after I got dressed and saw how it looked in the mirror... a dark brown or dark navy would have worked better than dark burgundy though.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From yesterday..70 during the day then 58 at night.. so you will see two sets using the same suit.. during the day decided to keep it simple as usual for the first day of the week so broke out the summer gray suit:

Later in the evening after work the wife and I went to dinner with some friends so ditched the shirt and tie in favor of a sweater

Suit: Brook Brothers (Milano fit)
Tie: Gitman Brothers
Shirt: Canali (day) Express (night) Banana Republic (sweater)
Watch: Baume and Mercier
Shoes: A Testoni

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads