• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0622_zpsb68857db.jpg

Me and another *********** :embar:

Last edited:

joshuasaussey

Reaction score
This is the first post that I have seen of yours, so I'm not sure if someone has commented to this effect already, but I really love your mix of traditional, respectable clothing and indecorous tattoo placement. I think that sort of dichotomy has a lot of potential from an aesthetic standpoint, and you take full advantage of that and do it well. Obviously, the majority of the people on this forum are not in any social position to attempt that look (myself included), and some may still be opposed to it, but I think if you have already staked your claim on your patch of society, you have managed to do it while looking your best.

On a somewhat unrelated note, are you familiar with the band Bayside? Maybe it's just the neck tattoos, but you remind me of the singer, Anthony Raneri.

Codeman,

I thank you for the very kind words.

I must admit I have only started to dress like this recently as I have more passionately started getting involved purchasing tailored artisanal clothing. I got all of my work done a few years ago when I was more involved in the music scene we had here, playing in bands etc. When it comes down to it. I always don't "see" my tattoos so to speak. I am so use to them and people around me who have them that I see past them.

But I can see with a lot of people that that is the first thing they usually notice. I am not saying that is a bad thing, different strokes for different folks.

I am very familiar with the band Bayside, but this is the first time I have been compared to Anthony Raneri.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I did not buy it. My wife refuse to walk beside me. It is all yours at A. Marchesan in Stockholm

I understand plus-fours are quite extravagant, but I'd have picked it up for the jacket and waistcoat alone... sorry to hear that.
frown.gif

Last edited:

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes. Watch is Breguet; suit is bespoke (Raphael); shoes are bespoke (Vass); tie is Carlo Franco; pocket square is Pink; shirt Jos A Bank; cufflinks vintage sterling guilloche enamel.

That has to be the most eclectic collection of makers ever in one fit. :slayer:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Love the fit with the hat and scarf...loathe the Forza Napoli scarf in your classroom.

At least you prob hate Juve as much as I do...I forgive you...:D

Very nice coat, NYR. May I ask what is the fabric?

Thanks, its a vintage H&S from the 1970's...picked it up from GShen before Vanda.

Can't decide whether the navy trousers work here or not. I know a lot of people claim that navy trousers are far less versatile than one might think, and I'm starting to see that they actually have a point. For this fit, mid-grey or brown trousers would probably work as well or even better. But then again, this is nitpicking :D (jacket is awesome though :slayer: )

I think the fact that this is a tweed makes it easier. I had a pair of odd navy trousers, wore them one time before having a suit finished, now i wear that much more often.

For those of you younger viewers of this thread, this is what 57 years of age (as of today)

Happy belated birthday! I hope I look as good when I'm 47.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
love it too, I would have paired this combination with a linen/cotton blend blue butcher stripe shirt instead of the checkers, though.

rare case of tasteful paisley tie.

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Acknowledged pattern mess... at least it looks less busy from a distance
smile.gif

BTW, just got rid of the PS.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the interest of scientific research, I've been trying to understand the local preference for dark brown ties. I had occasion to obtain one recently, and am wearing it in the configuration shown below. Is this what all you brown tie-wearing types have been talking about?

IMG_14491280x926.jpg

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great, RJE. I've been thinking of wearing my flannel PoW suit with a turtle neck. I already have with just the jacket and a pair of jeans, but this gives another vibe. Very nice. Is it a 'full-blown' turtle neck? It seems a bit low. And blue suede shoes?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads