• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:nodding:
it would be very large tho, teh joos are all over this place lol
no racist :)

Could I qualify? I used to be married to a member of the Twelve Tribes . . .

Last edited:

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think Citan is a good example of a common SF poster. He acquires a ton of clothes, but much of it just doesn't quite fit or looks a bit off. I think people discover this site and just get a little over eager wanting to acquire as much as possible as quickly as possible. I don't mean this as an insult. It's an observation that I can recognize from having gone through it myself.
The problem with this approach is that you wind up with a bunch of clothes that don't quite fit and look kind of off. I think Citan would benefit from slowing down and starting over by putting together a more limited wardrobe with higher quality basics. Trini is probably the best example of someone who did this. I have tried to do it myself.
I think Citan generally looks better than the average SF poster. The average poster seems content with looking mediocre and not taking that next step to improve upon his outfits. The average poster would rather have the quantity over quality. Citan has a good eye for putting together outfits. He's had several outfits that have looked great. If there was just a little more focus on getting the fit right and less focus on acquiring so much stuff, I really think it would benefit him.

exactly, and also learning to dress for your body. Citan would benefit from higher rise trousers and given how thin he seems to be in the middle, he should do less waist suppression (the opposite of what everyone here would tell him) then he currently does. A bit less suppression, a bit more space at the thighs/butt for his jacket and the coats would not have that extreme hourglass shape. When you first come on here, slim is everything and you have a tendency to go overboard. You can still have a very nice silhoutte on a jacket without having it come in so much at the waist and have such open fronts/quarters.

CommenceFailure

Reaction score

Totally agree. His pants are usually fairly high waisted. Higher than the average around here for sure. I totally agree with Ed on the jacket though. With so much jacket suppression it makes his hips look a mile wide. I think Citan should work on that for his next purchases.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good morning everyone. Casual fit today. Madras thursday. (shirt sleeves long, hemming after washing)

Not to beat a dead horse, but the unbuttoned picture seems to clue in on the issue with some of Citan's fits. From the picture (and that is all i can go off) it appears your upper body is not proportional to your lower body. I do not know if it is being caused by where you have your belt at. But if there was to be a full length picture, i think it would provide a clearer picture.

If that is the case in terms of body type, then a longer coat with a lower buttoning point would better elongate the upper part of your body to balance it against the lower part (pants). Also wearing your pants lower on your hip would help.

I think.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes, and look how high the fly ends and how he is getting some mooseknuckle. The point of the higher rise trousers would be to have his pants where he wears them now and also giving some breathing room to his crotch.

Ah, then I agree, but I believe this pair could sit just a little bit lower. Not in the hips, of course, not even near. Just a little bit lower, maybe that would be enough to fix the crotch as the rise looks quite high already... it looks like both the pants and the jacket waist are sitting higher than his true waist...

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
:nodding:
it would be very large tho, teh joos are all over this place lol
no racist :)

Could I qualify? I used to be married to a member of the Twelve Tribes . . .

I don't think you can get Israeli citizenship on the strength of that, but if Stitchy's cool with it, who am I to argue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads