• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred H.

Reaction score
The cashmere tie probably isn't the best textural choice for this suit, but I need to find a silk version of the same.
5eac600c.jpg

Have one for you... RLPL (or PDC).

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I always feel that these ensembles of yours would be much better if you would use a SC of a more jean-friendly texture and pattern. The orphaned suit jackets (at least, they look like orphaned suit jackets) usually look out of place to me.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope as I don't have that sloped shoulders, it is just the way it looks when you hold your arm out to try and take the photo. Robot pose they are quite normal.

I should say yes as I have in the past, but being 6 foot 2 with a longish neck, high collar works best for me. I rarely wear any of my older lower collared shirts anymore.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nope as I don't have that sloped shoulders, it is just the way it looks when you hold your arm out to try and take the photo.

but both shoulders look the same... :puzzled:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but the natural motion of holding my arm up (be it one or both) pushes the collar of the jacket (not shirt) up higher on my neck, giving it a more sloped look. This jacket in particular also has next to no padding on the shoulders. Anyway it's not a bother to me really at all. Cheers

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, but the natural motion of holding my arm up (be it one or both) pushes the collar of the jacket (not shirt) up higher on my neck, giving it a more sloped look. This jacket in particular also has next to no padding on the shoulders. Anyway it's not a bother to me really at all. Cheers

I think what he was saying is that there is a more pronounced angle not relevant to the pose and that maybe your collar is emphasizing it by extending the line.... just a thought. anyway, I've noticed most of your coats have a relatively high lapel notch. Is that particular to the maker or a style preference... both? Just curious.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see what you mean. I guess hard to tell in real life vs on the internet especially without seeing the context of ones face to an outfit. For me, I have a fairly long thin face also as well as neck and the higher spread collar is the best I've found to balance this. This probably has the highest notched lapels of all my jackets. Most of my others which are mainly Herringbone or Caruso are slightly lower, but still highish but on the other hand no higher than anything else on the market thats SF approved. Again though, lower notches only emphasise my height even more (not to mention look a bit dated)

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anden, it's look little crazy to me, too much of everything. I like when people dare to try out something new and that's diffrent, but sometimes it just goes wrong (the weather faults)
happy.gif

- The blazer is to small?
- The collar on the shirt is going wild (maybe only on the picture)
- And the socks with the pants, no good.

The tie and the shoes are pretty nice and maybe would go better with another blazer and pants.

steffenbp11

Reaction score

The first two are a bit dark so have a look at the last two for more correct colors.
Could probably pulled up the trousers some more. The tie was tied in line with the belt... Maybe I need to lose some weight...

I like your use of colours and textures ( the blue pants are maybe a bit too much), but you should consider dropping the slim fit look as it really doesn't flatter your build - especially not from the chest on down

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback.

1. I could probably loose a few pounds so that the jacket fits better :)
2. The closeup was taken with the camera in my right hand. Thus the bent collar.
3. I don´t agree but I note your comment.

A
Anden, it's look little crazy to me, too much of everything. I like when people dare to try out something new and that's diffrent, but sometimes it just goes wrong (the weather faults)
happy.gif

- The blazer is to small?
- The collar on the shirt is going wild (maybe only on the picture)
- And the socks with the pants, no good.

The tie and the shoes are pretty nice and maybe would go better with another blazer and pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads