• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I get a lot of comments about my too tight fits, I have a question for you guys.
This is a 40r blazer (I usually wear 38r). It does feel loose for my experience, how do you guys think the fit is (forget about sleve length and excuse the crappy iphone pics)
tumblr_m17b3kbgBv1r95ozxo1_500.jpg

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

As I get a lot of comments about my too tight fits, I have a question for you guys.
This is a 40r blazer (I usually wear 38r). It does feel loose for my experience, how do you guys think the fit is (forget about sleve length and excuse the crappy iphone pics)
tumblr_m17b3kbgBv1r95ozxo1_500.jpg

It still looks too tight.

ctp120

Reaction score

Still looks too tight to me. I also hate the shoulders, but that's beside the point.

edit: Sorry for the repetition, I clicked "quote" before seeing the other replies. I think the three rapid posts, all in agreement, do speak volumes, however . . .

Last edited:

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok. can you give me some hints where you think it is too tight? I think the shoulders fit pretty well and there is no button pulling.
Funny thing is, I went to the shop with a friend today and he said that the sc was too big on me... I'm a little confused...

Willin

Reaction score
Don't listen to your friend.

I've never been more excited to see a Timotune fit after the past few pages of written diarrhea.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

ok. can you give me some hints where you think it is too tight? I think the shoulders fit pretty well and there is no button pulling.
Funny thing is, I went to the shop with a friend today and he said that the sc was too big on me... I'm a little confused...

The chest, see how the lapels are bowing outwards? Suits are measured by chest size not shoulder size. Between one size there is little difference in shoulder width. If the shoulders are too big when it fits easy in the chest you have to look for a different cut/brand.

Last edited:

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, I really appreciate your help!
It's kind of depressing to slowly realize that every suit / sc I own is clearly to small for me.
Working in a very slim-fit-loving workplace seems to have had some influence on me ;-)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads