• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice pimp look spoodle. i approve. not that that is of note. :)

Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the positive comments yesterday. Todays fit....

Details -

Suit: Herringbone Sydney light grey POW check
Shirt: Cottonwork white poplin
Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear Navy dot (unfortunately this didn't make it in to the first collection but will be in next season)
Shoes: Herring Reading

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

this coming from a guy who doesnt like to wear ties in fear of getting them stained by his cheetos covered fingers.

I'd have to own a tie to first be able to wear it.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
didn't have any ironed shirts ready to wear in the morning
so... what better way to hide a wrinkled shirt than throwing on a sweater?
rps20120222_114416_718.jpg

wearing my new rugby shetland wool crewneck with the elbow patches
they were out of mediums so i got a large size ... may actually ask my tailor to slim this through the body (his wife does knit tailoring, i believe)

rps20120222_140449_461.jpg

AE verona horsebit loafers

ourmaninLisbon

Reaction score
Warmer weather in NYC, lighter weight coat and scarf . . .
Suit - BB
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - BB
PS - no-name brand, Century 21
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
Shoes - Bexley, Paris
Topcoat - Tyrwhitt
Scarf - Ede & Ravenscroft
Hat - Selentino
IMGP17291006x1280.jpg
Great suit UC, but above all, a beautiful ensemble of shirt, tie and PS. And the cufflinks going with it.

Cheers

Vic

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are the best dressed shrink, ever. Or maybe things are different across the pond.

May I be considered for the 1657368th best dressed shrink in training ever? I wholeheartedly second your assessment of Dr. Holdfast ! Most of the psychiatrists and psychologists I work with are not very interested in even wear a dress shirt...

FWIW (theme of the day) I look like a brooks brothers ad today. Dunno if that is a good or bad thing. No pix of shoes today but burgundy mcallisters. Trousers are light light grey if there is any question.

Fit pose
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/58019768@N02/6921585061/]
[/url]

Last edited:

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was told by one of our building maintenance workers today that I looked like I should be in Congress. I believe he meant it as a compliment. :D

Leaning-75.jpg

Leaning2-3.jpg

Closeup-140.jpg

Braces-7.jpg

Feet-79.jpg

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was told by one of our building maintenance workers today that I looked like I should be in Congress. I believe he meant it as a compliment. :D

I personally endorse this. Excellent look and good fit. Suspenders are nice too. I see you got the sutherland memo...

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Comments noted with thanks. And it's chocolate brown, not at all purple. That's the other one I have.
peepwall[1].gif

OK, as it's choc brown, it works better than I initially thought. Still not a fan, but it's better than when I thought it was purple (and as you know, I have a purple cord jacket myself!). It really does look purple in that outdoor pic though; early morning? I've noticed my photos get a blue tint in the morning and a yellow one in the afternoon. Presumably something to do with the angle of the light.

You are the best dressed shrink, ever. Or maybe things are different across the pond.

Thank you. I'm not sure that's much of a compliment... Actually, to be serious for a moment, there's a really broad range of outfits. The clear majority here wear typical middle-class professional/doctor-type clothes (i.e. mid-market department store stuff, matched with minimal thought). But some will wear higher-end casual gear, and some do wear higher-end tailored items. There's some correlation between subspeciality and dress style, but a greater correlation between exact role (and location) and dress style. I changed role back in 2010, and since then, I'm a bit less frequently in a very businessy suit, and a bit more often in a more casual suit or odd jacket outfit. I've had to alter my wardrobe slightly to reflect this with items I've bought (and sold) since then. Of course, at the end of the day, the most telling variable is whether one is actually at all interested in clothes. Personally, I enjoy them, and also happen to think they're an important aspect of non-verbal communication and they're loaded with archetypal meaning, so it's worth considering their influence.

Citan: I think we can move you a lot higher up the shrink-in-training clothes list. Your look today is really good esp. the jacket & tie. Certainly better put together than I was as a student and my first years of practice. In the final analysis, clothes are no substitute for good communication skills or thoughtful understanding of a situation. But I'm a believer is taking help wherever you can get it, and I think having an idea about how your dress might be interpreted by others gives you that little bit more data to work with.

deandbn - thanks also. Put it down more to good fortune & practice than time.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Details -
Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear Navy dot (unfortunately this didn't make it in to the first collection but will be in next season)

Excellent!

:slayer:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Leaning-75.jpg

Leaning2-3.jpg

Closeup-140.jpg

Braces-7.jpg

Feet-79.jpg

looks good to me. i hope he wasnt saying you look like you are having an affair with a coat hangers.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

Details -

This is clean and simple. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads