• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Nice commentary, Mike
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

Originally Posted by D Yizz
This would've killed it if the cargos were slimmer, very tapered and stacked halfway up the boots. Nice one, Mike.

I know. No time to order some Cucinellis for the big Pitti challenge. Had to make due with what I had, which was these Polos.
lol8[1].gif
I just wish they were tapered a little more and longer.

Thanks,

Mike

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
^Needs some work. I like the blue gingham w the camel coat, but that collar shouldn't be worn with a tie - but if you must - simple navy would have worked better IMO. The odd stripe trousers dont work at all. You will get varying opinions on this from the forum, but (very rarely) does the odd pinstripe coat or trouser work (I think it's better left for suiting) in my eye and I'd avoid it all together.

Thanks NDW. I don't normally wear ties with BD shirts, but I thought it kind of worked here, given the casual nature of the wool tie. Duly noted about the pinstripe pants. Personally, I don't mind it with the SC in question, but I'll yield to the experts.

I'm learning!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mike, not sure about the outfit but the commentary was a spreezy winner fo' sho'

here is my spreez if you can call it that im still new at this

2011-01-27_23-14-23_306.jpg

2011-01-27_22-53-55_488.jpg

2011-01-27_22-57-57_311.jpg

2011-01-27_22-56-56_957.jpg

2011-01-27_23-03-44_610-1.jpg

have a great weekend all!!

D Yizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
smile.gif

I know. No time to order some Cucinellis for the big Pitti challenge. Had to make due with what I had, which was these Polos.
lol8[1].gif
I just wish they were tapered a little more and longer.

Thanks,

Mike

BTW, what was the reaction at the office? I can only imagine what would happen if I got here with something like that. One of my bosses made me show my red socks to everyone on the red Christmas challenge, lol!!!!!

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by D Yizz
BTW, what was the reaction at the office? I can only imagine what would happen if I got here with something like that. One of my bosses made me show my red socks to everyone on the red Christmas challenge, lol!!!!!

Oh, they are used to me here. Nobody is going to bat an eyelash, dude.
lol8[1].gif

The worst was the day I wore the RLPL red and white checked pants that appear pink (big hit here, BTW
smile.gif
) My boss saw it and called people into my office to look at my "costume," that is what he calls anything I am wearing that is not ultra-conservative. Fortunately, he doesn't care and he is never here...he just likes to rag me when he can.

Mike

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh, they are used to me here. Nobody is going to bat an eyelash, dude.
lol8[1].gif

The worst was the day I wore the RLPL red and white checked pants that appear pink (big hit here, BTW
smile.gif
) My boss saw it and called people into my office to look at my "costume," that is what he calls anything I am wearing that is not ultra-conservative. Fortunately, he doesn't care and he is never here...he just likes to rag me when he can.

Mike

That's funny. I was at a bar with a friend from the forum and this girl said she liked our "costumes". My friend got mad.

ndw

Reaction score
Pitti-1.JPG

^Looks great, Mike. Like the SC. Agree with the comment abt slimmer pants, but not a big deal.

Originally Posted by PandArts
Good morning Sprezz...
Retro_012811_01.jpg

^Funny, pic. Are your co-workers like WTF?

Originally Posted by acridsheep
Thanks NDW. I don't normally wear ties with BD shirts, but I thought it kind of worked here, given the casual nature of the wool tie. Duly noted about the pinstripe pants. Personally, I don't mind it with the SC in question, but I'll yield to the experts.
I'm learning!

We're all learning. It's not the BD with the tie that's the issue, it's the fact that I don't think that particular BD was meant to be worn with a tie (not enough tie space).

Originally Posted by in stitches

^Looks very nice (especially compared to the untailored DB last week- which I think will look better once tailored). No offense, but the ties you have shown look kind of cheap (at least in the pics). My suggestion would be to find a few quality solid ties (navy, brown, gray) and some basic navy pindot and repp ties and start from there.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
=ndw;4064150
^Looks very nice (especially compared to the untailored DB last week- which I think will look better once tailored). No offense, but the ties you have shown look kind of cheap (at least in the pics). My suggestion would be to find a few quality solid ties (navy, brown, gray) and some basic navy pindot and repp ties and start from there.
thanks, this tie is a brioni my wife didnt think it was cheap
biggrin.gif
, maybe it doesnt come off well in pic. i have some pin dots and solids i just lean towards something with some sort of pattern in general, also i though the tie was a bit on the spreezy side.

thanks again for noticing the improvement

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
S p r ezzzzz...

waywrnpittichallenge.jpg

I suspect you may win.
wink.gif
Love the scarf with the jacket, by the by.

Retro_012811_02.jpg

Oh, almost forgot...this is not a real entry...nothing sprezz about anything save for the suit being a 1B, peak lapel with welted pockets and no brest pocket
confused.gif

You continue to kill it. The first thing I noticed was the absence of PS and how it actually looked really good.

My quoting missed MBreinin's post, which almost made me cry. All I could think of was how nice a fit that would be with some decent trousers... It's hard being an aesthete among the jokers.
wink.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
My quoting missed MBreinin's post, which almost made me cry. All I could think of was how nice a fit that would be with some decent trousers... It's hard being an aesthete among the jokers.
wink.gif

If this weren't the Pitti Challenge, I would not be wearing cargos...but grey flannels. This is for fun, and I wanted to do it WFO.
smile.gif

Thanks,

Mike

rgoldstein

Reaction score
Good morning Sprezz...
Retro_012811_01.jpg

Retro_012811_02.jpg

Retro_012811_03.jpg

Retro_012811_04.jpg

Oh, almost forgot...this is not a real entry...nothing sprezz about anything save for the suit being a 1B, peak lapel with welted pockets and no brest pocket
confused.gif

Another basically perfect fit from you. I really love the way the photos are presented, as well. I know its been said before but its just great.
worship.gif

Originally Posted by in stitches
mike, not sure about the outfit but the commentary was a spreezy winner fo' sho'

here is my spreez if you can call it that im still new at this

have a great weekend all!!

Very nice, but suit looks a little boxy. I bet it looks fine in real life though.

Originally Posted by upr_crust
Allora!

Love it, as I have a lot of the stuff you've posted. I like the accessories...too many guys on here are afraid of a little bling.
smile.gif
:beer:

Originally Posted by PTWilliams

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Panama hat
Gucci shirt
Brioni Jacket
Kiton Jeans
Farragomo shoes

Sprezzatura

Just my opinion, but not a huge fan of this look. I get that the jeans are Kiton, but the color is just too much. With a nice raw denim jean this look would actually be nice.

Somehow you pulled off the baggy cargos. At first I was like
eh.gif
but the more I look at it the more I like it. Well done, sir!
biggrin.gif

Here's my entry for today. To be honest I wasn't even aware of the challenge.
laugh.gif
Photo quality is a little crappy, but hopefully they get the idea across.

167341_733772856279_12801087_39427029_5687223_n.jpg

167341_733772861269_12801087_39427030_4454595_n.jpg

167341_733772866259_12801087_39427031_3459084_n.jpg

Have an awesome Friday everyone!
smile.gif

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
^Funny, pic. Are your co-workers like WTF?

Luckily for me I was walking and acting all natural and s**t
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acridsheep
"Yeah, I'm going to need you to come in Saturday."

<sips coffee>

"Mkkaaay?"

<sips coffee>

"Yeah...."

HAHA! Yeah and he kept steppin'!

Ok! Smokatura time...about as sprezz as I can get
confused.gif

Retro_012811_05.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads