• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
jacket looks awesome!
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
That jacket is great, C.
Originally Posted by niidawg3
i'm a fan C. and bravo for embracing a desire to wear casual every now and then. versatility hurts no one. the scarf is awesome. who makes it?

Thanks for the nice feedback on the jacket. In truth, I'd prefer it to be just a touch smaller, but that's the smallest size it comes in, and I really fell in love with the supersoft suede fabric. I don't think I've ever found a softer/nicer suede than this jacket.

The scarf is Paul Smith. Wouldn't normally have bought it, but it was a Christmas present a couple of years ago, and I've found more uses for it than I would have expected. Just the kind of thing to get as a present; something you wouldn't buy yourself, but turns out useful.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Thin Man
I agree. And the scarf works. There's a good texture contrast, and it's good to see a jacket that differs from the OneJacket checks.

Thanks. The new OneTrouser would look better.

Originally Posted by Baron
I've always admired your style, but this particular look, with those fingerless gloves and the glasses and scarf, amounts to a "half-labelking." Combined with your usual old man style it makes an odd hybrid. I think it's mostly a matter of contrast balance. The overly sober color contrast of the main clothing items is unbalanced by the strong contrast with the accessories.

It's actually starting to grow on me the more I look at it. It would be better with tan/chestnut shoes.

"Half-Labelking" is not a bad place to be in my book. I'm already there in stature.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
the jacket is nice, but its poorly paired with the pants (interestingly feedback i've seen you give before). the shoes are just too clunky for the taper of the pants, and the colors are incongruent with the accessories. the gloves and sunglasses don't do anything to make the fit better.

i think a pair of jeans, different sunglasses and different colored gloves matching the colors of the shoes would bring this back from the other side of the cliff.

obviously other people seem to see the good in it (which doesnt surprise me), but this is disappointingly bad; anyway i look at it.

I like the colors a lot and think they balance, but obviously I'm biased. I will say this though: in any case, gloves matching shoes is a disgusting proposition. It's like matching your belt to your shoes. If they are literally an exact match, the combination is too conspicuously precious. If they are only a close match, they clash poorly. So, they need to be different, yet combine well in the context of the overall outfit.

Originally Posted by NOBD
The OneTrousers (OnePants?) will be great with that jacket, mafoofan.

Yeah, I hope so. Looking forward to them.

Originally Posted by Cary Grant
The sunglasses feel too contempo/euro for the rest of the outfit. And it's a minor nit, but I guess if have to wear driving gloves, I'd prefer dark gray or black against the rest of this otherwise lugubrious color palette.
I've also always felt the way they cut sleeves for you to be awfully roomy... but that's just a personal preference (are these on the long side as well?)

Incidentally, everything but the shoes is European!

I like the roomy sleeves, though i don't really seem them as large or baggy. Skimpy sleeves are one of the first things to get Foofed in any photo.

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Thought the same thing myself, about both the glasses and the sleeves (the right sleeve looks ok, left a little baggy). But a few thoughts on that:
-its so hard to capture the elements of fit in still photographs...could be the angle he's standing that makes the sleeves look different to me, and even light/angle/posture that makes them look fuller than they actually are.
-I can't imagine Matt with any sunglasses that don't make him look like LabelKing as he is so small.

I do like the color scheme and the pop of the scarf, square and gloves. Looks nice Matt.

Thanks! However, I bet most here would think the sleeves too baggy in real life, too. They are without a doubt cut much fuller than in contemporary ready-to-wear. Rubinacci jackets I've seen on others are similar, save Luca's.

Originally Posted by Ianiceman
There's a time for gentle critique and a time for tough love. The glasses are usually ridiculous but in this case nothing short of hideous.

You don't dig it?

Originally Posted by ndw
Sportcoat looks wonderful and I don't see the sleeves as too baggy - is it 2 or 3 button? Not enough contrast with the pants, the bright square and gloves look out of place, and the glasses are just too feminine (stick with aviators).

I dream of an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak to match the glasses.

Originally Posted by philosophe
I concur with Baron. Brown shoes would be an improvement. Overall, I like the more youthful elements on you.

Brown would work fine, but I'd never wear tan with this outfit.

Originally Posted by EBugatti
Those shades *really* make you look like Kim Jong-Il. I would go with smaller, perhaps tortoise-shell ones.

I'm not one to be shy about my glasses.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Been a long time.

I see a Mr. Sam treatment in the very near future. I like the SC very much though.

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- Maybe more length then
- slim notch lapels do you no justice, especially as we have seen you in much better lately
- pants need more length

I knew this blazer would get no love here due to the lapels. I actually really like it, despite negative comments. Next time I will wear it with charcoal pants with more length and cuffs.

Originally Posted by IST66
Some days in Vienna - the most beautiful city of Europe!
vs1.jpg

Very nice!

2f5f925d.jpg

Damn, dude. Saturday, dude?? Damn.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NotDickDiver
Mean-spirited ridicule? Maybe you are reading too much into things. But if it occurs, I do agree with you.

I probably was. When certain posters post fits, the jackals usually come out to taunt, ridicule and generally degrade, and I don't think that's right when the OP is not trolling.

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neofinitia
I approve this look.
IMG_1504.jpg

On another thread here somebody mentioned a rule about gloves not being permitted without an overcoat. Never heard that one before but seems pertinent here as well.

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jabonator
p1030827r.jpg

You could start upping your game by shortening the pants and lenghtening the jacket / shortening your shirt sleeves. In addition, a light-blue shirt with barrel cuffs would work better with the outfit. Change the pocket square or leave it out. Not a bad start, though, blue jacket and tan slacks is a good, classic combination to begin with.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
IMG_3149.jpg

Please stop leaving the house in your PJ's, Rob. Cuffs or no cuffs, it's undignified.
teacha.gif

Originally Posted by gnatty8
Is there a particular reason to ridicule people who post fit picts in this thread? If you don't like what they are wearing but having nothing constructive to say to them, don't fuckin' post.

Originally Posted by gnatty8
If your idea of a party is mean-spirited ridicule of other people, I am ******* thrilled you and I don't run in the same social circles.
Sounds like someone's mad as hell, and he's not going to take it anymore.

79.-I-m-as-mad-as-hell-and-I-m-not-going-to-take-this-anymore!_imagelarge.jpg

Blamm

Reaction score
OK - fair - this time without snark

- first look - suggest cutting down on accessories and pick a tie with more contrast - too close to blackjack dealer as is
- third look - suggest different or even no pocket square
- overall - all the collars look a bit loose (may be camera angle or your personal preference)

If I saw you out - I'd think you were dressed creatively, well, and had big balls

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2f5f925d.jpg

fa194352.jpg

7cc1500e.jpg

If you have to work on a Saturday...that's the way to do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads