• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Lots of good use of black today. Still sick.
plain.gif
Making up for two days. I wasn't thinking today and missed the whole "use of black" theme. Tweedy Thursday: Chilly fall day necessitated tweed in the city.
5085039592_22b2e4e99f_b.jpg
... Today: Layers. Please ignore the tucked in pocket.
5085041690_b975374922_b.jpg

Lufty, you´re the master of vintage tweeds. How many do you own? Thousand??
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
f07214d8.jpg

I might get banned from SF, but i don´t feel the sweater. If it had been richer (deeper) in colour, i would have liked it...this way, it´s a bit too close to the pants, and it even gets worse (if one can say so) with the light colour of the jacket. No pun intended Spoo, that´s just what i feel about it.
Originally Posted by bleachboy
2010-10-16a.jpg
2010-10-16b.jpg

I like the colour work here. Well done!
Originally Posted by Animal Thug
Moar bad pics from today:
Nice work, animal!
Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
I never get around your wardrobe´s fit, but the colourwork is outstanding. You´re impressing me nearly everytime you post.
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Throwback Monday Deets ...
31f0b793-1.jpg
...​

Dawg, that sc is insane. Would love to see some detail shots on the fabric.
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Chilly Monday
IMG_2657-2.jpg
...​

UC, compliments for wearing the bow tie. Awesome! So, my humble entry for today (high res pics available on my blog)
181020102157.jpg
181020102159.jpg
181020102166.jpg

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
This seriously doesn't work for me.

Each piece on its own is very nice but the combo of deep blue shirt plus red tie (at least it looks read) is really overdone by corporate types and is (dare I say?) pedestrian.

That tie needs a white or very pale blue shirt, IMO. That shirt would be better with a solid tie or a very discrete stripe or dot.

I think it's primarily the pocket square that pushes the envelope a bit. I think a white or light blue linen square would have toned things down from pimpin to banker. I'm guessing the shirt appears lighter blue in real life, but tough to say.

ajv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Le sang doux et foncÃ
00a9.png
des ennemis Monday:

- B

Not much to nip-tuck about the fit. I kinda like each piece, especially the suit, but I can't get around the shirt/tie combo with said suit.

Adrian

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
8881-3.jpg

What's going on with your right shoulder, Mike. Pad out of whack? Body check somebody on the street?

IMG_2657-2.jpg

This looks great to me, UC, and bear in mind that I'm not a fan either of bow ties or of tucking in sweaters.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree about the shoulder padding. I'm not wild about it either. Is that something that can be done with minimal expense?

Originally Posted by hobscrk777
I've never had it done personally, but I've read that it's difficult and costly. The tailor has to get into the shoulder seams, remove the padding, and then creatively trim or stitch away the extra fabric that was previously supported by the padding.

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Actually, maybe its because I give him TONS of work, but Frank has de-shouldered two jackets of mine for next to nothing in about 5 minutes.

Quick followup: My tailor is performing the prescribed shoulderpadectomy for $8.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not three minutes after taking these pix I dribbled yogurt on this tie. I understand that dry cleaning is very hard on ties. Any other suggestions?

Closeup-35.jpg

Feet-12.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
This seriously doesn't work for me.

Originally Posted by ajv
Not much to nip-tuck about the fit. I kinda like each piece, especially the suit, but I can't get around the shirt/tie combo with said suit.

Adrian

I appreciate the tough love.

- B

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Excellent, Nii.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug
^^^
nod[1].gif

Might be old to you, but it's the first time I've seen it, and it looks great. Pleasing colors.

Originally Posted by BlackBrumel
collar shirt + tie knot = great.

I love how this look is eye-catching even though nothing about it is peacockish. Great outfit, nii!

Originally Posted by spoozy
Dawg, that sc is insane. Would love to see some detail shots on the fabric.

thanks guys ...

Spoozy - busy day but will try and post or PM you a pic when i get home tonight.

is that bow-tie made of kente cloth? kente is a traditional woven Ghanaian cloth.

Originally Posted by PandArts
Blue Monday...
Fit_01.jpg

nice color play Pandarts. the tie and shirt go very well together.

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Le sang doux et foncÃ
00a9.png
des ennemis Monday:

- B

Beautiful suit Vox ... i think Manton and ajv already captured my thoughts on the color combo. Could have been a lot better. Other options would be:

- sky blue shirt with navy solid grenadine tie
- white shirt with mustard yellow tie (maybe with very small designs)
- risky but i think do-able ... very light pink shirt with a solid navy tie.

In my experience, i've found brown chalkstripe to not be very versatile.

Quick followup: My tailor is performing the prescribed shoulderpadectomy for $8.

wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

8 dollars? i think we would all like to see "after" shots. If your tailor does competent shoulder work at that price, you've struck gold.

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
****** Monday...my colleagues are a miserable bunch. I hate working with caddy women. Sorry for the vent. Hope the attire makes up for it.

the colors go very well together Rob.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
What's going on with your right shoulder, Mike. Pad out of whack? Body check somebody on the street?

Yeah, hmmm. I don't know. I see what you are saying though. Pad seems outta whack.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads