• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hip-Hop Jams You're Feeling Right Now

PARTY

Reaction score
- Common is trash. He sold out. Now he's a Gap ad. No respect.

- Cam over Doom, jpierpoint? I want to disagree, but something is not letting me...

- NeoVersion, My Life is an amazing song. The Game opened up. But Wayne does make everything better.

- Last, Ye's production is amazing. Anyone knocking on my mans West's production needs to take a seat, go to his wiki page and just look in amazement at his production. I can't wait for Jay's BP3 with mostly Kanye production.

Songs I'm rockin' right now...

Make A Toast - Dolla Feat. Lil Wayne
***** I'm Back (Prod. By Dr. Dre) - Slim Thug Feat. Devin The Dude
Doin' What I Gotta Do - Lil Wayne Feat. The Notorious B.I.G.
Lost - Gorilla Zoe Feat. Lil Wayne
Like I Do - T.I. Feat. The-Dream

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PARTY

Like I Do - T.I. Feat. The-Dream

Isn't T.I. in Chevrolet ads?
confused.gif

premo

Reaction score
CunninLynguists - Gun ft. Sheisty Khrist (off of Dirty Acres) Substantial - Sign Language ft. Extended Famm (off of Sacrifice) Jean Grae - American Pimp ft. Median (off of Jeanius) One Be Lo - The G Gap (off of The R.E.B.I.R.T.H.) Y Society - Hole in Your Pocket (off of Travel at your own pace) Just a few...
Get your head out of your ass, grab Common's Resurrection, listen to I Used to Love H.E.R., come back and apologize.

Sable

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
I'd take Cam over Doom. Doom is a bit better lyrically but stylistically he is boring and his beats are monotonous. I say this only hearing 4-5 of his songs to be honest.

doom is more of a love em/hate em mc......as of yet i still havent seen anyone in a "middle-ground" when it comes to doom.....u either get em or you dont

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1.
Though if he develops into a decent actor I'll give him some props.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I haven't caught up with Nas' latest release? Any good or is it all hype?

It's ok... a lot more political than his others IMO. It is not as good as Illmatic, not by a long shot.

And I can't stop listening to LL's "Going Back to Cali" and Kanye's "College Dropout" album.

KBW

Reaction score
Now, nowhere did I say that Wayne is hard. I don't believe his tears, and i could really care less. But his raps...

Man, nothing makes me enjoy music more than putting on a Wayne song. It's bound to be hilarious and make me laugh. And once I learn the song, then I appreciate the word play so much more. Wayne is exactly what the rap game needs: A refreshing look and take on lyrical content. He's so diverse and it's just an overall enjoyable experience to keep up with his releases.

His tears aren't for killing people...they are in rememberance of people he loved that have passed away. He 100% was into the game as far as coke goes and to this day (arrests document this) takes way too many pills

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im not really a hip-hop/rap fan but I like stuff like everlast. I just found out he did a cover of "folsom prison blues" and must say its great. I dont know why people are hating on it. I think he did a great job.

Odd Morsel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
Yes Sir,

....also a fan of 'Souls of Mischief'.

93 til Infinity was one of my favorite tracks in high school (showing my age yet?), so props for mentioning Souls. My cousin is a lawyer in NoCal, and introduced me to them at a house party way back in the day. Cool cats. Just killed it in the backyard all night. Not a fan of Hiero in general, but this record brings back some great memories.

PARTY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
His tears aren't for killing people...they are in rememberance of people he loved that have passed away. He 100% was into the game as far as coke goes and to this day (arrests document this) takes way too many pills
Nahh son you need to keep up with your interviews. He alludes to having killed people in at least two of them. Besides, when one wears tear drops, the side of the face as well as the state of the tear is significant. Specifically, the tear drop on Lil Wayne's left side of his face is just an outline. This usually means that the wearer has sworn to kill someone and the contract has not been completed.

PARTY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by premo
CunninLynguists - Gun ft. Sheisty Khrist (off of Dirty Acres) Substantial - Sign Language ft. Extended Famm (off of Sacrifice) Jean Grae - American Pimp ft. Median (off of Jeanius) One Be Lo - The G Gap (off of The R.E.B.I.R.T.H.) Y Society - Hole in Your Pocket (off of Travel at your own pace) Just a few... Get your head out of your ass, grab Common's Resurrection, listen to I Used to Love H.E.R., come back and apologize.
I have everything Common has ever done. It's trailed off at an amazing rate in the last decade. Staying power is everything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads