• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Herring/Wildsmith shoes made by Barker? Curious about the fit of the W05 and W96 lasts if they run generous. My only experience is Barker country boots many years ago. Are the upper leathers holding up well? Thanks.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New shoes for my wife. Barker, model Gwen bought from Herrings at a very nice price.

Herring's service excellent as always.

IMG_5102.JPG
IMG_5104.JPG
IMG_5107.JPG

Bradd

Reaction score
And new update of collection: Herring Shoes Chamberlain
Fast delivery as always. Free delivery and free return label for order over £250 - pleasant surprise. But I don't need to return them, they fit perfectly.
Size 9UK F (true to size).
Last 11028 - a little bit more narrow than 125 or 12508, and a little bit longer (just few mm).
Color is a light golden-brown.
I liked them very much. They look really good, the style is classic but with a modern silhouette.

Chamberlain 24.jpg Chamberlain 18.jpg Chamberlain 14.jpg Chamberlain 21.jpg Chamberlain 12.jpg Chamberlain 10.jpg Chamberlain 31.jpg Chamberlain 07.jpg

Bradd

Reaction score
New collection update: monk shoes Herring x Stemar Bergamo.

• Goodyear Welted 270°.
  • Made in Italy by Stemar
  • Note that the size should be 0.5 smaller than usual. So, I wear 9UK Cheany shoes and this pair is 8.5UK. Thanks customer service for help!
  • Delivery by DHL Express is very fast as always.
  • Cost £300 (exc. VAT)
  • The color is solid, there are no decorative elements, so the level of formality is very high.
  • A little bit roomy than usual. I thinks its better for people with wide feet.
  • The outsole is completely rubber. So shoes are good for autumn.
  • The quality of the leather and workmanship is very high in my opinion. I have nothing to complain about. Leather is perfect.
Bergamo 01.jpg
Bergamo 02.jpg
Bergamo 03.jpg
Bergamo 04.jpg
Bergamo 05.jpg
Bergamo 11.jpg
Bergamo 13.jpg
Bergamo 17.jpg
Bergamo 18.jpg
Bergamo 21.jpg
Bergamo 22.jpg

Last edited:

Bradd

Reaction score
New spring update: Purcell Chelsea boots

Brief summary:
  • Goodyear Welted 270°
  • Made in Spain
  • Closed channel stitching - very interesting feature. A rare thing for this price.
  • Choose a half size smaller than usual! The last is a little bit long and wide.
  • Cost £212.50 (excl. VAT)
  • Suede looks good
  • Boots are lightweight (546 g for one boot), sole is thin - just 7 mm.
  • Also the sole is completely leather, so it is not suitable for autumn or winter, but best for spring
  • I liked that the boots taper to the ankle at the back, so that when walking, the foot is held comfortably
Purcell 9.jpg
Purcell 16.jpg
Purcell 1.jpg
Purcell 6.jpg
Purcell 12.jpg
Purcell 11.jpg

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, those are great looking chelsea boots! I am a huge fan of Herring Shoes, probably one of my fav. retailers along with Pediwear. Though Herring has better private label selections than Edward James (pediwear house brand, probably similar factories used as Herring).

Bradd

Reaction score
Something non-ordinary for me - sneakers Herring Shoes Goodwood.
Made by Carlos Santos (Portugal).
Goodwood 12.jpg

This is my first really full-leather sneakers. "Full leather" means full leather outside and inside as a classic shoes. That's why I wanted to try Goodwood. Usually "leather" sneakers are still synthetic inside, have a synthetic base.
Just look on the photo from inside (Bologna construction, not simply glued!).
Goodwood 09.jpg

Of course they are looks great.
Goodwood 01-1.jpg

Goodwood 14.jpg

I am completely satisfied. In my opinion, the level of quality is much higher than sports brands.
These are my favorite sneakers now.
The size is correct, just choose the size according to the chart and your shoes.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had this shoes wating in my closet for a proper review.

Manufacturer: Cheaney
Model: Canning
Colour: Mahogany Calf
Last:125
Welt: 360
Sole: Dainite

This shoe was purchased last Christmas sale, as always Herrings supplies excellent service. I was eyeing these shoes for a couple of years, they have this not usal desingn that is not a shortwing nor a longwing, Church's Grafton is the most recognizable shoe with this design.

This is a great shoe in his own right, the 125 last fits me very well. The mahogany colour has some green hues, they will age gracefully.

IMG_6208.JPG
IMG_6209.JPG
IMG_6211.JPG
IMG_6212.JPG
IMG_6213.JPG

Bradd

Reaction score
Herring Mayfair Oxfords

• Cost £204.17 (exc. VAT)
  • Made in UK by Barker
  • Goodyear Welted Leather sole
My new favorite everyday Oxfords.
What I liked and why this particular style attracted: nothing superfluous, just classic oxford shoes, not too long last and a rounded toe, an interesting rosewood color.
The shoes are both formal and not too boring thanks to their color and shape.

Excellent for the price in my opinion.

Mayfair 05.jpg
Mayfair 06.jpg
Mayfair 21.jpg
Mayfair 04.jpg

Bradd

Reaction score
And this is something completely unusual for Herring Shoes: the true English sneakers Voyager (by Walsh).

Structurally very simple, but in my opinion their main features - old school design, a bright appearance and high-quality finish. In this case, the finish is very soft suede and skin.
True to size, but the front a little less space than usual. Partly, this is due to the thick and soft insole.

They immediately interested me as soon as they were announced, and I decided for a long time, what color to choose.
As a result, I decided to choose blue - very beautiful color.

Voyager 1-2.jpg
Voyager 3-1s.jpg
Voyager 4s.jpg
Voyager 06.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads