• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

xeoniq

Reaction score
Wearing this combo a lot this winter when it's wet out. The coat keeps the wind and rain out on commutes, the pants are weather resistance with a lot of stretch so I can gym in them and the total look doesn't across as gymwear like a practical outfit from Puma/Adidas etc might. At the end of the day I can't stand having to bring separate clothes to change into/out of for gym, social situations, work and so on.

triton1.jpg

A lot of what techwear has meant to me has been increasing my comfort and convenience for my actual lifestyle. It's why I've never really respected or been into the more outlandish streetwear themed techwear brands and felt one could implement a "techwear mindset" using clothes from pretty much any brand, in our own aesthetics and personal styles. The result would be a lot more diversity and more practical utility and comfort; and a lot less cookie cutters wearing the same things and trends that aren't very practical for most people or their environments. I remember my short lived denim phase when I first started getting interested in clothes about nine years ago. At that time everyone online was into selvedge, flannel and leather boots. But for me, that was just so uncomfortable for my climate and I needed a change of clothes to exercise in. It's been interesting seeing some of you guys in here keeping with your personal aesthetics that you were presumably happy with for a long time and adapting those looks with modern pieces here and there.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wore new Ring Jacket sport coat I just got back from my tailor's. Fits really well and you can feel the breeze blow right through it. Wore it to work today but pulled off my tie on the way home. Worn with Moscot Lemtosh sunglasses, RLPL dress shirt, Rota pants in that great Loro Piana wool/silk/linen Summertime fabric, and C&J Harvard loafers in black calf.

IMG_2947.jpg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Finally back to work after 18 months. Fujito fatigue jacket, The Chisel t-shirt, 501’s, Adidas SPZL of some variety
Great look, and I am happy for you if you can get back to work at last !

I really like the Fujito jacket, a nice update/take on the jungle/fatigue jacket…

Not sure it is Adidas on your feet ?

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great look, and I am happy for you if you can get back to work at last !

I really like the Fujito jacket, a nice update/take on the jungle/fatigue jacket…

Not sure it is Adidas on your feet ?

Thanks man, yeah it’s a nice light oxford cloth. I have another Fujito fatigue jacket in navy ventile. They’re great travel jackets cos of all the pockets. Best part is, behind the lower flap pockets there are semi-secure hand pockets which just seal the deal for me.
The shoes are Adidas St. Florent. Sort of a throwback to the old “Freizeit” line. Extremely comfy and good across different weather. Certainly not everybody’s cuppa tea, but I dig ‘em.

fujito-jungle-fatigue-jacket-blue-400606_720x.jpg

001-52.jpg

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, yeah it’s a nice light oxford cloth. I have another Fujito fatigue jacket in navy ventile. They’re great travel jackets cos of all the pockets. Best part is, behind the lower flap pockets there are semi-secure hand pockets which just seal the deal for me.
The shoes are Adidas St. Florent. Sort of a throwback to the old “Freizeit” line. Extremely comfy and good across different weather. Certainly not everybody’s cuppa tea, but I dig ‘em.

fujito-jungle-fatigue-jacket-blue-400606_720x.jpg

001-52.jpg
A good point about weather,we are getting much warmer Winters here and rain in Winter and Summer....
So rainproof jackets with detatchable linings are really useful, I have seen a Filson jacket in a sale online that looks as if it could be useful.
Filson is expensive here but I think that its made in USA (from British fabric) so I dont mind paying more than I would for made in China/Vietnam etc.
This one has a waist drawstring so the shape is better than some jackets of this type,I have been told to size down.
Anyone got any experience with Filson jackets ? quality ? sizing ?
1628617148581.png
1628617148581.png

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@cerneabbas That’s a nice looking jacket!

I have owned a couple Filson products over the years, and though I’m not sure they still do it they once had a lifetime warranty on their gear.
I had a waxed 3-season raincoat which was a monster. Think Barbour quality but made in America.
Size-wise, I *think* they’re still on par with normal Barbour— the jackets have room for layering and run about a size bigger than tagged. I haven’t bought a Filson in a long time so it would be worth contacting them as companies sometimes “adjust” sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads