• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@cerneabbas That’s a nice looking jacket!

I have owned a couple Filson products over the years, and though I’m not sure they still do it they once had a lifetime warranty on their gear.
I had a waxed 3-season raincoat which was a monster. Think Barbour quality but made in America.
Size-wise, I *think* they’re still on par with normal Barbour— the jackets have room for layering and run about a size bigger than tagged. I haven’t bought a Filson in a long time so it would be worth contacting them as companies sometimes “adjust” sizing.
Thanks for the information,ties in with what little information I could find...go down a size.

Sadly Barbour seem to be getting quite a lot of their jackets made in countries where labour is cheaper now so I will be looking at alternatives.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Funny idea this one :

Swampster

Reaction score
Not for me.

I rarely wear band shirts these days. I bought a Small Faces one in London a couple of years ago and have never worn it. The only others which I occasionally wear are both tour shirts from the Who and I would only wear them very casually.
Other than those, I still have a couple of shirts from around 1980 for nostalgic reasons. - they were from the second and third concerts I saw. I suspect I could just about get my forearm into them now.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Not for me.

I rarely wear band shirts these days. I bought a Small Faces one in London a couple of years ago and have never worn it. The only others which I occasionally wear are both tour shirts from the Who and I would only wear them very casually.
Other than those, I still have a couple of shirts from around 1980 for nostalgic reasons. - they were from the second and third concerts I saw. I suspect I could just about get my forearm into them now.

i think it is a funny topic, but not for me either, as I said to @DiplomaticTies, it could be an interesting topic for a Friday Challenge though.
I’ve got a couple, but they are in a box in the cellar (and I don’t know in which one!), punk and ska bands from late 70s early 80s.
My best mate still have all the original Pistols tees they sold at SEX. I suppose they are expensive collectibles now…

benj84

Reaction score
I still have my original run dmc beastie boys together forever tour tee, fits me too. Always been slim luckily. Browsing in eBay other day. Saw some at 400-500

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the first Wrecking Crew(Boston hardcore punk) t-shirt, still fits. Also Straw Dogs(London Oi! ) shirt, the infamous Poison Idea “Ian MacKaye” shirt, and a few others. I keep them around for nostalgic reasons I suppose. If I wear them, it’s very casually, usually for doing physical activities.
I’m more a fan of band polo shirts. I have a nice navy one from when the Crack played the USA in 2001.

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
Most days in LA are pretty warm, and when I'm riding my motorcycle I need to strike a balance between not overheating and still having the protection in case I take spill. Thankfully, I'm a defensive aggressive rider and am not one to ride spirited even on empty roads. My risk aversion is really high since I had a low speed crash early in my riding career that would've ended up badly had there been an oncoming car in the other lane. So here's what I wear on most days (this was photographed last weekend) when I go for a ride:

uD9LvAv.jpg

I wear a ribbed cotton tank top as my base layer with a Kapital bandana to shield my neck from the sun + random little rocks/bugs that might fly into me when on the road. The Vanson Derby jacket is what Junya Watanabe referenced for their highly sought after Vanson collaboration. It was one of the first leather jackets I wanted to own long before I ever considered motorcycling to be such a central part of my life. However, the Derby's construction remains faithful to the needs of a motorcyclist: bi-swing action for easy movement while riding and thick competition weight leather in case of a spill. I have faith in their ability to continually restore and refurbish this jacket and it's still looking great after 2.5 years of riding.

My pants are from a Nepenthes brand called Arts in Education and their creative director Kenta Miyamoto used to work under Daiki Suzuki of Engineered Garments. His take on skatewear + traditional workwear is playful, often reflected in his chosen prints. The marrying of utility and expression are at the core of what I choose to wear on any given day. Finally, the Wesco boss engineer boots with the patrol toe are both sleek and tough as nails. I've had no complaints since picking them up last year to be my daily riding boots.

Here's a bonus shot of the outfit and the bike in action, taken on Mulholland Highway just north of Los Angeles.

zksRUGE.jpg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
This is an excellent outfit @xeoniq, i am curious about the shoes, are they light boots or trainers ?

xeoniq

Reaction score
Danner Tachyons. Get a lot of wear out of them. A bit expensive if you are outside the US sadly. Very lightweight and with a sneaker sole so they aren't bulky like most combat boots. I feel they wear very casually with the shaft under the pant leg.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads