• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help! Slim Fit RTW shirt desperately needed for interview!

SamuelH

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Long story short, I ruined my interview shirts and I am desperately in need of a replacement. My interviews are this Friday and Saturday, and they both include lunches so there is a good chance that I will need to take off my jacket. The only dress shirts I have left are huge on me and they look even worse when tucked in and with the jacket off.

Any recommendations? I just need a simple, white shirt. Price is not an issue, but fit is. I am 5'7, 128 pounds, and on the skinny side. So the 15/32 of most RTW shirts are still too big for me, and I am having trouble finding smaller sizes off the rack.

I live in Manhattan, and I really need this shirt by Friday. Thanks a lot!!

tbone226

Reaction score
Although they are pricey, Gucci or Dolce & Gabbana (tailored fit line) in plain white color should fit your needs. Brooks Brothers slim fit might work as well.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If price is not an issue, I'd also say Jil Sander or Prada might work. I find them to be quite slim and simple. One of Dior Homme's basic dress shirts in white would also work and are very slim. None of these would be my first choice, but given that you need it soon, they are all quite good and very easy to find in NYC.

If you want something slim and more affordable, Zara, H&M, or Express all make fairly slim shirts that aren't bad quality for the price. But, I have no idea what kind of job it is, so you may not want to go in that direction.

SamuelH

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'm just wondering, where can I find these shirts in NYC (Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Jill Sander, Prada)? Should I go to their boutiques? Or would a department store like Saks have them?

Thanks!

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SamuelH
Thanks guys! I'm just wondering, where can I find these shirts in NYC (Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Jill Sander, Prada)? Should I go to their boutiques? Or would a department store like Saks have them?

Thanks!

Barney's, Bergdorf's, Saks would probably have them, but the prices will be the same at the boutiques and often the selection would be better there. Plus, you might find something else you like. I always like maintaining/starting a relationship with SA's at their relative boutiques (if possible) as opposed to a department store, but that's just my preference (they can also be good connections for other items and have access to resources that dept. store clerks cannot). Plus, you are in NYC, so they are all probably within a few blocks of each other. Nevertheless, since you are pressed for time, a dept. store can be good for "one stop shopping."

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SamuelH
Hi everyone! Long story short, I ruined my interview shirts and I am desperately in need of a replacement. My interviews are this Friday and Saturday, and they both include lunches so there is a good chance that I will need to take off my jacket. The only dress shirts I have left are huge on me and they look even worse when tucked in and with the jacket off. Any recommendations? I just need a simple, white shirt. Price is not an issue, but fit is. I am 5'7, 128 pounds, and on the skinny side. So the 15/32 of most RTW shirts are still too big for me, and I am having trouble finding smaller sizes off the rack. I live in Manhattan, and I really need this shirt by Friday. Thanks a lot!!
I have White size 14.5 available (although in a broadcloth maybe not) PM or call me at your convenience.

metkirk

Reaction score
Check out the stuff I'm selling through the link in my signature
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads