• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HELP! Puppy chewed on my RLPL felt fedora!

cmv96

Reaction score
Yesterday, my wife's golden retreiver chewed on my $350 RLPL fur felt fedora. No teeth marks (thank goodness) but LOTS of slobber marks which damaged the feel of the felt and put some serious wrinkles and creases in it. I know that quality hats can be clean and blocked, but my concern is that the mutt's saliva has penetrated the felt and now it needs to be deep-cleaned to be restored and put back into its proper shape. Does anyone know the correct way to go about this? I live in Michigan and I doubt there are any hat shops in the state that are qualified to repair this beauty. HELP!!
musicboohoo[1].gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ouch!

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a freaking nightmare. I'd try the yellow pages before something else. There must be someone who can help you.

I actually just recieved my first issue of Classic Style who lists a store called "David Morgan". They carry a Aussie brand (Akubra) of fur felt. You could try them at 800-324-4934. They are located in Bothell WA.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear Michigan has the highest rate of dogs running loose on freeways and getting hit by trucks
devil.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd find a hatter or milliner to help you get it back into shape and cleaned. I couldn't imagine it being ruined from puppy slobber.

Originally Posted by macuser3of5
Puppy hat.

dog-hat.jpg

Im in ur hatz, sloberin ur felt... yeah I got nothing
tongue.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Isn't there some famous hat-dude in Chicago? I'd look into going to him.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
^Yes, famous hat-dude in Chicago is Graham at Optimo. Take it or send it in to them. They should be able to take care of you. Here are their refurbishment prices.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
"patina"
"character"
"tastefully distressed"

The puppy was just helping to make the hat better.

kpopejoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cmv96
Yesterday, my wife's golden retreiver chewed on my $350 RLPL fur felt fedora. No teeth marks (thank goodness) but LOTS of slobber marks which damaged the feel of the felt and put some serious wrinkles and creases in it. I know that quality hats can be clean and blocked, but my concern is that the mutt's saliva has penetrated the felt and now it needs to be deep-cleaned to be restored and put back into its proper shape. Does anyone know the correct way to go about this? I live in Michigan and I doubt there are any hat shops in the state that are qualified to repair this beauty. HELP!!
musicboohoo[1].gif

The correct way would be to send it to Graham at Optimo in Chicago: http://www.optimohats.com/hatcare.htm All the best and good luck, Kevin p.s. my first post, yah! p.p.s. D'oh, I didn't see your post Alan. Nevermind....

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My ex-girlfriend's Ferret (don't ask) ate the soles of my favorite Prada shoes once. They were crepe soles, fixed right up. I hated that thing (the animal, not the shoes).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads