• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Brief Introduction

Quetzal

Reaction score
Greetings,

I've read many threads on this site for some time, and I've finally decided to become an official member. I've always been considered a "smart dresser" even before I became interested in clothing in Middle School. I've always felt more comfortable in proper slacks and shirts, with a coat and tie as "dressy" clothing. Besides clothing, I have a wide array of interests that somehow all tie together (no pun intended). One of my goals is to continue to inspire others to not necessarily "Dress for Success", but to dress well like everyone else on this site and its like-minded allies. Of course, along with that is to show others unaware of these sites what it means to be a gentlemen besides obviously having a clean appearance.

Alright, here are some of my statistics (at least for clothing purposes):

-I do not follow fashion, rather I prefer to buy clothing that I like and will wear regardless of what trend may come.
-For the most part, I know much about the history of men's clothing from around the time of the American Revolution (but I'm still learning).
-My sartorial mindset has been complete for the most part before high school. Don't believe me? That's O.K., you're not alone.
-I am currently a coat size 36S, a shirt size of 14.5 x 35, trouser size 27 x 33, and a hat size of 7. Yes, I'm in full agreement that modern neckties are WAY too long.
-Even if I wanted to wear "slim-cut" pants, I couldn't because my legs are very muscular for my size.
-"Summer Casual": cotton slacks in khaki, basic leather walking shoes, and shirts ranging from Guayaberas to Button-Down collars.
-"Winter Casual": Thick wool slacks in Earth tones, basic leather walking shoes/boots, thick wool shirts, or cotton shirts with a tie topped off with a sweater and my trusty lined leather jacket.
-"Dressed-Up": All-wool suits, indifferent for fastening type. Fully-lined (and three-piece) are for winter, half-lined for summer. Always a crisp, white shirt with cufflinks and a good tie with either a collar bar, a tie bar or clasp, or a tie-tack (except for a bow-tie, obviously). And yes, I wear suspenders and polished dark brown shoes with all of my suits regardless of color or cut.
-"Formal": My circa-1939 Tuxedo (still fits like a glove and purchased for $4.00 at a Flea Market)! I'm still looking for set of tails, both evening and morning.
-I always try to look put together, neat, and clean, rather than trying to obnoxiously draw attention. Maybe that's why people randomly tell me that I'm well-dressed?
-I'm not a fop, I do not wear "costumes" (I've been told such because of my hat) and none of my clothes are "from the 1940s" (again, hat, which is modern), and I don't like being judged by my clothes.
-While we are talking about hats, I wear mine with everything because IT IS PRACTICAL! It's a small gray wool telescope-crowned hat, and someday I'll own a real fur-felt hat.
-I only wear natural fabrics, except for the occasional Acrylic or Dacron necktie.
-You'll never catch me wearing a diagonally-striped tie in boring silk. Whatever happened to creative pattern?
-I love to look through flea markets and thrift stores (mainly because it's hard to find things in my size, and I like meeting people and giving money to a better cause) and I've found many treasures including my said Dinner Suit and many vintage neckties from the 1910s to the 1980s that do not droop to my knees. Who knows how many I have by now?
-Looking for a good straw hat, preferably a sennit or a coconut straw at a low price.
-I make my own repairs/modifications to clothing, including adjusting the hem and waist of pants, restoring vintage ties that I find, and repairing the lining in old suits. Though I'm not going to try to tailor my own coats. I'll get that done when I've stopped growing.
-Let's save black for funerals, uniforms, or men's formal-wear (ladies, that means you too).
-Some folks may disagree with some of my sartorial choices and ideas (You wear BROWN shoes with a gray or a blue suit? SUSPENDERS? You're wearing a WIDE, vintage tie? Aren't those pants a little high? CUFFLINKS? How come you wear hats & caps? A BROWN suit for the workplace? STARCHED collars? Bow-ties to be treated on the same level as Four-In-Hands and Windsors? Why don't you like classic striped ties? I've heard it all), but, like I said, I will wear what I like with pride.
-I like to offer sartorial advice to others, and to receive advice from others. That's why I've finally decided to join this website.

I think that that's enough for now, but if anyone has any other questions, please message me, otherwise you'll read my posts around this fantastic site.

Finally glad to become a member and looking forward to meeting people,

-Quetzal

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads