• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HELP... Mark Nason boots..

laxplaya37

Reaction score
Hey I just bought a motorcycle and was looking for a stylish pair of riding boots.. I already ordered these boots.. http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7184682/c/37367.html .. I was curious how you guys think they would hold up in rain and stuff similar since I'll be riding a bit in them.. And what could I do to help preserve their life span..

Thanks
Gid

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those will not be functional riding boots, are not well made, and you'll definitely have to waterproof them yourself. Have you considered looking for a pair that are actually made for use on a motorcycle with protection in mind? Those Mark Nasons, along with most other 'fashionable' boots aren't ideal for that kind of wear.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
+1 (no comment on the design of them).

I ride and the most fashion-ish boots I would wear riding would be something like the Frye Brando Engineer boot or the laceup (tuck in the laces).

laxplaya37

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Those will not be functional riding boots, are not well made, and you'll definitely have to waterproof them yourself. Have you considered looking for a pair that are actually made for use on a motorcycle with protection in mind? Those Mark Nasons, along with most other 'fashionable' boots aren't ideal for that kind of wear.

Thanks for the speedy replys.. Ya I've considered a pair made for riding but I wanted to get something that I liked also so they'd look good with a pair of jeans also..

I agree with what one guy said about the mark nasons being overkill.. but I found that one pair I kind of liked..

Here's a few more pairs of boots I had in mind.. I was told I really need a rubber sole though instead of leather, which I understand but I cant kind many cool ones..

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/20108019/c/6.html

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/23583726/c/6.html

http://www.bluefly.com/pages/product...&Nu=Product+ID

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/2000607...unt/25.html#mr

scoon0224

Reaction score
I'm with the others. Looks aside (and those look pretty awful), wear task appropriate boots.

Get some REAL boots, kick the **** out of them, and they'll look better, and less try-hard.

(I'd rec proper motorcycle boots, but depending on the bike, a pair of Alpinestars could look pretty stupid)

mendel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by laxplaya37
Thanks for the speedy replys.. Ya I've considered a pair made for riding but I wanted to get something that I liked also so they'd look good with a pair of jeans also..

They'll look like **** in a wheelchair after you lowside onto your ankle. Get riding boots. And unless you get off on a nurse brushing gravel out of your raw ass and leg with a wire brush, get riding pants too. Denim won't do a thing for you sliding along the asphalt.

capnpyro

Reaction score
^^^^ +1

Dude, if it has a designer label you don't want to use it for riding. Besides durability imo you'd just look like a poser. Go check out some red wing or frye boots or some no name brand you find at the motorcycle shop that makes durable shoes that are going to actually protect your feet if you get in an accident.

mendel

Reaction score
Why on earth have you replied to a thread from three months ago?
plain.gif
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads