• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Helmut Lang Sale

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went down there Sat afternoon. Rather crowded.

Managed to find a pair of 34s [mislabeled] in a dark denim or dark wash, I don't know the terminology.

Tried them on in a corner. I am bold.

Found nothing else in my size, give or take an inch.

Most of the remainder are in size 28....anything larger usually has strange details, like the pocketing on the outside, or glam/bondage elements. Pervy.

Other clothing for men was limited...a few blazers in cream silk, a few jean jackets in various colors, and some light pants in colors like orange and grape. The stock of shoes is exhausted.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Mack, if those 34s don't work out for you for some reason, drop me a PM.

Tom

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One question to you Langians:

The main button, at the top of the fly of the jeans, says KRIZIA WORLD. I know Krizia only as a Euro fashion house that sells its name to the maker of some very boring US dept store suits. Is Krizia the manufacturer for HL? Do they make jeans for other designers as well?

amblus

Reaction score
One question to you Langians:

The main button, at the top of the fly of the jeans, says KRIZIA WORLD. I know Krizia only as a Euro fashion house that sells its name to the maker of some very boring US dept store suits. Is Krizia the manufacturer for HL? Do they make jeans for other designers as well?
that's strange. i looked at all of my HL jeans (6 pair) and none of them have Krizia stamped on any button. all the buttons and rivets either have "Helmut Lang Jeans" or "Helmut Lang NY, NY" stamped on them.

post a photo? i did some very *non*-HL stuff at the sample sale, but i only noticed in the shoes. it looked like an employee left his shoes unattended in the basement, and they got thrown into the sale bin.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of the rivets say HELMUT LANG NY NY. It's only the button at the top of the fly that is different.

This may be because the jeans are a sample item. The standard label on the inside, that says 100% cotton Made in Italy and the washing instructions, has affixed to the other side a fabric label that has on it the designer's name and the store address (80 Greene St.) and the words "sample for press only." Affixed to a small part of this fabric label is a much smaller one with a bar code and the words "dk brown classic denim relaxed fit jean."

amblus

Reaction score
All of the rivets say HELMUT LANG NY NY. It's only the button at the top of the fly that is different.

This may be because the jeans are a sample item.
sorry, didn't mean to imply that you had picked up some random jeans.

the different tagging because it's a sample item makes sense. just for reference, my non-sample jeans (including 1 pair of pre-Prada purchase) all say "Manufactured by the GTR group" on the inner tag.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that clears it up. GTR makes or made stuff for both Helmut Lang Jeans and Krizia World, latter sounding more interesting than the US dept store licensee boring suits. Info on GTR, machine-translated from the Italian: Gtr Nasce in 1993 in the industrial river basin of Isernia, the Molise, for initiative of Perna Addle, brother of Tonino founding Perna of the holding Itierre. It possesses marks to Soviet (sportswear) and Jois & Jo (prêt-à -porter woman). Much assets in the production on licence of casual and sportswear of wrap high and medium high, distributed all over the world: Helmut Lang Jeans, Anglomania of Vivienne Westwood and Krizia World. In the ' 98 the group has turnover 120 billions of Liras occupying 200 persons, plus others 4 mila units deriving from the induced one. Original Italian: Gtr Nasce nel 1993 nel bacino industriale di Isernia, nel Molise, per iniziativa di Remo Perna, fratello di Tonino Perna fondatore della holding Itierre. Possiede i marchi Soviet (sportswear) e Jois & Jo (prêt-à -porter donna). Molto attivo nella produzione su licenza di casual e sportswear di fascia alta e medio alta, distribuiti in tutto il mondo: Helmut Lang Jeans, Anglomania di Vivienne Westwood e Krizia World. Nel '98 il gruppo ha fatturato 120 miliardi di lire occupando 200 persone, più altre 4 mila unità derivanti dall'indotto. Link to source: http://146.133.2.212/hdoc/dizio_1.asp?idmoda=9626 So I guess the GTR sample shop was just short a button.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In any case, there's no way I can fit into either the 28s or the 29s, so those are the ones I'm flipping.  $60 plus shipping for any SF members who are interested before I ebay them.
Pics are up in the buying and selling forum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads