1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Helmut Lang Sale

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by amblus, Jul 5, 2005.

1. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

any really dark blue or black 32's? same deal, not picky, though roomier cuts (at least relative to their line) are preferred.

2. dah328

dah328 Senior member

I looked in the 34s but didn't see anything other than beiges and whites and stuff.  There were some medium and dark blues left in the 28-30 range.  I bought one pair in each of 28, 29, and 30 because unlike many of the women there, I wasn't willing to strip down and try them on in front of everyone.  I'll be keeping the pair that fits the best and selling the other two pair.

dan

3. j

j Senior member Admin

(tiger02 @ July 09 2005,07:55) Gotta put this out there, anyone willing to look for a pair of 34s for me? Â shipping, handling paid, etc etc.
    I looked in the 34s but didn't see anything other than beiges and whites and stuff. Â There were some medium and dark blues left in the 28-30 range. Â I bought one pair in each of 28, 29, and 30 because unlike many of the women there, I wasn't willing to strip down and try them on in front of everyone. Â I'll be keeping the pair that fits the best and selling the other two pair. dan
    Pics dude. Pics.

4. Harami

Harami Member

dah328, I may be interested in one of the other two if you want to sell them, they're about my size.

And if anyone else gets a pair of 28-30s that they dont want, give me a shout.

5. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

Thanks for looking Dan, I'll be scouring ebay over the next little while.
    Tom

6. dah328

dah328 Senior member

I bought one pair in each of 28, 29, and 30 because unlike many of the women there, I wasn't willing to strip down and try them on in front of everyone. Â I'll be keeping the pair that fits the best and selling the other two pair.
    Pics dude. Pics.
    Trust me -- the ones desperate enough to try on the jeans were not the ones you'd want to see. In any case, there's no way I can fit into either the 28s or the 29s, so those are the ones I'm flipping. Â $60 plus shipping for any SF members who are interested before I ebay them. Â I may be able to get pictures later, but here are the details: Labelled size 29. Â Dark blue, button fly. Â Inside label reads "Blue classic raw denim bootcut jean". Measured waist size: 15.5" x 2 Outseam from bottom of waistband: 43 Inseam: 34.5 Labelled size 28. Â Dark blue, button fly. Â Inside label reads "Blue classic raw denim straight leg jean". Measured waist size: 15.5" x 2 Outseam from bottom of waistband: 41 Inseam: 32

7. Buster

Buster Senior member

Dan, just for comparisons, what's written on the label of the 30?

8. Harami

Harami Member

How do these fit? I like my jeans to be a bit loose, and I wear shirts that are a little longer, so I dont want the rise to be too high, or to be too tight. Anyone have pictures of them being worn?

Thanks.

9. dah328

dah328 Senior member

The 30 says "Blue classic treated raw denim bootcut jean", the only difference being the "treated" part. Which leads me to my question -- can I machine wash these without messing them up? The label says they're made of non-prewashed denim and should be dry cleaned to preserve the look. I figure that's mostly for clueless people. Shouldn't they be ok if I wash them inside out in cold water, delicate cycle and hang-dry them?

dan

10. Dangydang

Dangydang Senior member

Anything good left in the 30-32 range?

11. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Went down there Sat afternoon. Rather crowded.

Managed to find a pair of 34s [mislabeled] in a dark denim or dark wash, I don't know the terminology.

Tried them on in a corner. I am bold.

Found nothing else in my size, give or take an inch.

Most of the remainder are in size 28....anything larger usually has strange details, like the pocketing on the outside, or glam/bondage elements. Pervy.

Other clothing for men was limited...a few blazers in cream silk, a few jean jackets in various colors, and some light pants in colors like orange and grape. The stock of shoes is exhausted.

12. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

Mack, if those 34s don't work out for you for some reason, drop me a PM.

Tom

13. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

One question to you Langians:

The main button, at the top of the fly of the jeans, says KRIZIA WORLD. I know Krizia only as a Euro fashion house that sells its name to the maker of some very boring US dept store suits. Is Krizia the manufacturer for HL? Do they make jeans for other designers as well?

14. amblus

amblus Well-Known Member

that's strange. i looked at all of my HL jeans (6 pair) and none of them have Krizia stamped on any button. all the buttons and rivets either have "Helmut Lang Jeans" or "Helmut Lang NY, NY" stamped on them.

post a photo? i did some very *non*-HL stuff at the sample sale, but i only noticed in the shoes. it looked like an employee left his shoes unattended in the basement, and they got thrown into the sale bin.

15. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

All of the rivets say HELMUT LANG NY NY. It's only the button at the top of the fly that is different.

This may be because the jeans are a sample item. The standard label on the inside, that says 100% cotton Made in Italy and the washing instructions, has affixed to the other side a fabric label that has on it the designer's name and the store address (80 Greene St.) and the words "sample for press only." Affixed to a small part of this fabric label is a much smaller one with a bar code and the words "dk brown classic denim relaxed fit jean."

16. amblus

amblus Well-Known Member

sorry, didn't mean to imply that you had picked up some random jeans.

the different tagging because it's a sample item makes sense. just for reference, my non-sample jeans (including 1 pair of pre-Prada purchase) all say "Manufactured by the GTR group" on the inner tag.

17. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

I think that clears it up. GTR makes or made stuff for both Helmut Lang Jeans and Krizia World, latter sounding more interesting than the US dept store licensee boring suits. Info on GTR, machine-translated from the Italian: Gtr Nasce in 1993 in the industrial river basin of Isernia, the Molise, for initiative of Perna Addle, brother of Tonino founding Perna of the holding Itierre. It possesses marks to Soviet (sportswear) and Jois & Jo (prêt-à -porter woman). Much assets in the production on licence of casual and sportswear of wrap high and medium high, distributed all over the world: Helmut Lang Jeans, Anglomania of Vivienne Westwood and Krizia World. In the ' 98 the group has turnover 120 billions of Liras occupying 200 persons, plus others 4 mila units deriving from the induced one. Original Italian: Gtr Nasce nel 1993 nel bacino industriale di Isernia, nel Molise, per iniziativa di Remo Perna, fratello di Tonino Perna fondatore della holding Itierre. Possiede i marchi Soviet (sportswear) e Jois & Jo (prêt-à -porter donna). Molto attivo nella produzione su licenza di casual e sportswear di fascia alta e medio alta, distribuiti in tutto il mondo: Helmut Lang Jeans, Anglomania di Vivienne Westwood e Krizia World. Nel '98 il gruppo ha fatturato 120 miliardi di lire occupando 200 persone, più altre 4 mila unità derivanti dall'indotto. Link to source: http://146.133.2.212/hdoc/dizio_1.asp?idmoda=9626 So I guess the GTR sample shop was just short a button.

18. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Pics are up in the buying and selling forum.