• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HALP Gaiz! I need to cook dinner for a vegetarian :(

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DealBreaker
Hmm...True.

Avocado, Cucumber, Mint and Creme Fraiche does sound as well. Maybe even a Gazpacho.

well, technically, that's going to be more of a summer soup ... sorry, but just as some people measure lapel widths to the 1/4 inch, others pay attention to seasons. Try this pea puree made with sugar snaps, substituting vegetable stock ... just as easy ... AND SEASONALLY CORRECT!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
What do you guys do with the ramps?
Almost always with morels, though that is probably because I buy them from Far West when I am buying morels. Generally, I cut the greens into a chiffonade and blanch the whites. I add the blanched whites to the morels with about two minutes cooking time left, and then toss in the greens just before the whole thing is done. Last week we had this with squab, which was great. On Friday we were at a party and one of the dishes was a ramp custard/bread pudding. It was also fantastic, and was served alongside roast chicken. I think they'd probably be great with bacon and fava beans with rabbit, but I've never tried that. Sounds good, though.

samus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Almost always with morels, though that is probably because I buy them from Far West when I am buying morels. Generally, I cut the greens into a chiffonade and blanch the whites. I add the blanched whites to the morels with about two minutes cooking time left, and then toss in the greens just before the whole thing is done. Last week we had this with squab, which was great. On Friday we were at a party and one of the dishes was a ramp custard/bread pudding. It was also fantastic, and was served alongside roast chicken. I think they'd probably be great with bacon and fava beans with rabbit, but I've never tried that. Sounds good, though.

God all of that sounds good. I had an awesome ramp and morel ravioli dish last weekend that was
inlove.gif

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
hummus and pita -or- baguette and butter

simple arugula or spinach salad

cheese,fruit,olives, (typical 'cheese plate' type fare)

pasta tossed with pesto and pine-nuts

wine

dessert

-rF

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads