• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Appreciation Thread

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can’t fit Gustin denim. Chinos fit great, but their denim is a no-go for me

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m considering backing a work shirt. Does anyone have personal examples of one that has been broken in?
I've got one, but hardly any wear on it yet, so I think it would be pointless to post for you.

I thought I had Gustin denim figured out and now I'm back to square one. I finally bought a pair jeans from them that fit really well about 6 month back, so I ordered a different denim in the exact same size and they didn't fit at all. I can wait 2-3 months for something that I think I have a 90%+ chance that it will fit great. I can't wait 3 months for something that I have a less than 40% chance of fitting at all. I like a lot of their stuff and I think it is a great idea but it isn't working for me with their jeans, button-down shirts, or t-shirts. I thought I might have their button downs figured out but they have changed the fit so many times that now I'm even second-guessing that. Pretty much every other brand can figure out how to make S, M, and L sizes that work for 90%+ of the population without requiring the customer to spend 30 minutes with a tape measure and protractor before ordering. So, that's it guys and gals. I've donated more of the clothes I've purchased from Gustin than I wear and it just isn't working for me. I'm officially retiring my tape measured.
Totally understandable. Though I have not noticed change in fit in denim over the years. I've also not purchased any of their sportshirts since they changed the fit, but even before the sleeves were a little long on the mediums for me.

Mortgasm

Reaction score
I'm interested in the Gustin Field jacket but concerned how wide it is in the chest compared to the width at the shoulder.

Am I right that it's generally a boxy fit?

TheRiblet

Reaction score
I looked at the field jacket too but besides the fact that none of Gustin's stuff really fits me that well, the lack of side pockets was a deal-breaker for me.

Gustin always has a lot of t-shirts for sale on their store and I've even purchased quite a few of them. Pretty much all of them have either been donated or they are used strictly for the gym or yardwork. These shirts must fit some people much better than they fit me because from my experience you are waiting 2-3 months for a t-shirt that is on par with the quality of Alternative Apparel shirts but they don't fit near as well and are much more expensive.

Solverson

Reaction score
I am backing a pair of green selvedge jeans. I hope the sizing charts are accurate.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone here wears a 35 straight in Gustin denim, I have two pair I'm moving out. Japan Olive and Cone Khaki. Just thought I'd mention it here first.

Emeka

Reaction score
I’m looking to back a leather briefcase and white sneakers. How are their leather goods? Do they hold up well over time?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a brand new cone work shirt size small in slim fit if anyone is interested - ready to sell

proct1sr

Reaction score
Have a pair of gently worn pair of “The Twenty Six” in 30 slim if anyone is interested. Would also consider trade for a work shirt.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Loving that olive denim, but wondering what it looks like ages and faded.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loving that olive denim, but wondering what it looks like ages and faded.
Not really a fan of non-blue denim besides white and off white colors, so have not bought any.

Also don't like how they are doing more 5 pocket stuff. I have so much 5 pocket stuff that I can't wear to work.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, I use Levis 501 in 34 or 33, I wonder with size I use in Gustin. Regards

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads