1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Gustin Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Churchill W, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Churchill W

Churchill W Distinguished Member

Did you already send the jeans back? I'm not clear on this. I'm not sure how they would have evidence of the jeans being out of spec unless you sent them back and they measured it and found it to be within spec.

I have not had issues with them refunding me fees and my shipping, if I recall correctly, if an item was delivered out of spec.

2. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior Member

I returned a CXL belt that was supposed to be colour 8 but looked entirely brown and had no hint of burgundy at all. They did not agree with me and so while they gave me credit for the item they did not credit the return shipping cost.

Consequently, I only buy their stuff from the secondary market when I can see actual pictures and measurements of the items.

3. Churchill W

You know what, I might have the same issue and was always wondering if my #8 belt is #8 or just brown. I kept it because I don't have another CXL belt, but would like one that looks more like #8.

It's possible we were part of the same campaign. I received my belt in December 2017.

I did return one in September 2017 because the size was too big though and I paid for shipping back IIRC.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019

4. kheldar

kheldar New Member

Gustin customer service finally agreed to refund a part of the return fees.
    Quite strange after a week of refusal with one message a day ...

5. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior Member

The #8 belt that I returned had the lining. I’ve since picked-up the new version of the #8 that is much thicker than the original. This one has no lining and is clearly more burgundy than brown.

6. Churchill W

Hrm neither of the CXL belts I was sent have a lining. Still unclear on whether mine is brown or burgundy. I can snap a pic next to my #8 CXL boots when I get a chance.

7. mogili222

mogili222 Senior Member

8. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

I picked up these #99 Japan Blackxblack off of eBay. They were unworn and listed poorly. I got them for a really good price.

C21D3EDC-EEF2-4EBC-9256-B95A4FE333B8.jpeg

9. mreams99

mreams99 Distinguished Member

I have ordered a few stock items from Gustin, which are always shipped quickly.
    A few months ago, I ordered a pair from one of the campaigns that said “March/April.” And a week ago, the status said that they’d start sending the order to fulfillment this week. A week has gone by, and it still shows the same status. What’s the normal wait at this point? Another two weeks?

10. madhat

madhat Distinguished Member

I stupidly listened to the internet and thought I could live with the 10" rise. If anyone wants a pair of 34 slim of the recent #159 olive denim I'm taking offers or a trade for 33 straight or 34 straight. I really wanted these, so hopefully someone's in the opposite position as me!

11. TheRiblet

TheRiblet Well-Known Member

Ordering from the campaigns is like the old Mitch Hedberg joke about baked potatoes. They take so long to cook that you should just throw one in the oven every now and then, even if you aren't hungry, and by the time it's ready, who knows.

You are better off backing the campaign and then forgetting about it. Then someday in the future, stuff shows up. You are going to drive yourself nuts if you are trying to hold them accountable to any kind of deadlines.