• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guild of Crafts

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oyaji
They make very nice shoes.
How long to wait before next pictures of the trial shoes?

The soonest I can come back is March, maybe April. So, I will be sure to take pictures then.

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
What's the approximate cost in USD?

550,000 yen, so add approximately 20 percent for exchange rate and fees. Hence-approximately $6600 USD.

Oyaji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by the.chikor
550,000 yen, so add approximately 20 percent for exchange rate and fees. Hence-approximately $6600 USD.

Woow this is quite over the normal bespoke price: what is the price increase trigger (exotic leather?) ?

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do really amazing stuff, really looking forward to your report when they're done.

the.chikor

Reaction score
Woow this is quite over the normal bespoke price: what is the price increase trigger (exotic leather?) ?

No exotics-just calf skin and I chose the "cheap" French leather as opposed to the expensive Italian leather. If you want a tight waist-it cost extra. Fiddle back-cost extra, seamless heal-cost extra-brogueing-cost extra, literaly-every detail of the shoe adds a cost to the shoe. So, when they say prices start at 450,000 for full bespoke-in reality, it will cost more when the smoke clears.

Oyaji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by the.chikor
No exotics-just calf skin and I chose the "cheap" French leather as opposed to the expensive Italian leather. If you want a tight waist-it cost extra. Fiddle back-cost extra, seamless heal-cost extra-brogueing-cost extra, literaly-every detail of the shoe adds a cost to the shoe. So, when they say prices start at 450,000 for full bespoke-in reality, it will cost more when the smoke clears.

stirpot.gif
, I noticed this principle when I ordered MTO with them but find it somehow a bit weird on bespoke (at least not fulfilling my "bespoke expectation")
dozingoff.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
mr. idekas side-gusseted shoes are noice.

the.chikor

Reaction score
stirpot.gif
, I noticed this principle when I ordered MTO with them but find it somehow a bit weird on bespoke (at least not fulfilling my "bespoke expectation")
dozingoff.gif

I can't think of a bespoke shoe maker who I have used who does not use this "principle" with bespoke shoes. The advertised price-is just a base to keep adding charges. At least Guild of Crafts told me this before I arrived in Japan. They told me when negotiating the order via email; so, I knew what to expect.

Oyaji

Reaction score
Well, good to learn.
My basic thinking was that bespoke price already includes top material, time and know-how of the craftman, then you dont have to negotiate anything else (as I am used for shirt may be tailoring and shoes work differently).

the.chikor

Reaction score
Well, good to learn.
My basic thinking was that bespoke price already includes top material, time and know-how of the craftman, then you dont have to negotiate anything else (as I am used for shirt may be tailoring and shoes work differently).

Much differently.

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You certainly are on a bespoke shoe-maker tour...
cool.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads