• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grenson MP at Bennies' Shoes (Atlanta)

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaveitothexperts
Prisoners' Dilemma . . .

You mean Prisoners who like shoes Dilemma. Acedotal evidence suggests price inelasticity for EG/Lobb, we shall see if the same holds for GMPs.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll probably sit this out, too, unless I see something truly spectacular. Part of the reason is the pricing, but the major reason is my greatly expanded shoe collection since the last sale (where I did find a wonderful brown calfskin/suede wholecut that is one of my favorite shoes).

I agree that Bennies is probably testing the pricing after the frenzy of the last sale. I'm guessing they'll sell well at $350. FWIW, shoe-shop.com still advertises 5 models from the GMP line, in a nearly full range of sizes. Of course, I don't know if they've simply failed to update their website.

kennethpollock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dr.no
We should make a collective pact not to buy anything until Bennie's drops their prices, then all bets are off!

I have been a Bennies' customer for 30+ years and no one has fairer prices. When Louie was about to get the Grensons for the first time and showed me photos of them, he asked me what I thought he could sell them for. I knew that PS sold them for $595-625, so I said that they would probably sell like hotcakes for up to $250. He said that he was getting them at a VERY good price and could go lower; maybe as low as $150 and, therefore, that was his price for the first two batches of shoes.
They were very popular with forum members, so he tried for more. When he got the third group, he had to pay more and, therefore, had to sell them for $250.
He has continued to get inquiries, so has kept trying to get more shoes. This batch is costing him MUCH more, and he keeps trying to price them fairly, but has to go higher yet. I do not doubt that the falling dollar has much to do with this, as PS has also gone up about $85-150 itself, depending on the model.
I have seen photos and some of them are really outstanding. Wait until you see the tan model that is someting like a spectator brogue, except it is tan leather mesh in the places where spectators have contrasted coloring.

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
FWIW, shoe-shop.com still advertises 5 models from the GMP line, in a nearly full range of sizes. Of course, I don't know if they've simply failed to update their website.

how does one know which is to GMP standard, the GBP 295 and up?

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaveitothexperts
how does one know which is to GMP standard, the GBP 295 and up?

yup. the rugby, felstead, and eton are all from the GMP line.

Jerry52

Reaction score
I visited their website. It seems that Grenson and Zelli would be their most "upscale" imported shoes, or do they stock other luxury shoes not on the website?

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just called. They are in now. They are not on the web yet, but the salesman said they were unpacking as we spoke. I happen to be visiting Atlanta this weekend, so I'll probably go try some on for myself.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Thanks for the update.
smile.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dropped by Bennies on Piedmont and was a little disappointed in this round of Grensons. Believe it or not, the bulk of the shoes they had were of the bicycle toe variety, and they were priced at $350. I did pick up some laceups though, for $375 with tax, which was not bad given the retail price of close to $700.

grenson3gy6.jpg

Hehe, sorry about that, I assumed everybody had a 73" monitor..

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those not viewing it on a 73" screen
devil.gif

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Your shoes look and the photos are great.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics