Grenson MP at Bennies' Shoes (Atlanta)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by nerdykarim, Sep 3, 2007.

1. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Sorry Doc, I take an 11 1/2 in these (normally a 10 1/2 to 11 so these run a little small), so didn't notice the 9s. They had the shoes I bought in black also, and they had a nice loafer, also in black, but they were very close in styling to (believe it or not) a pair of Prada shoes I have, so I passed. They also had some very nice ankle height chukkas, black and brown, in a pebbled leather, but I passed also. Was still very surprised at the abundance of bicycle toes; they didn't seem to scream Paul Stuart to me.

2. Shoegal

Shoegal Active Member

Just wanted to let everyone know, the shoes will be on the website tomorrow. I hope everyone likes what came in.

3. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Just wanted to let everyone know, the shoes will be on the website tomorrow. I hope everyone likes what came in.

Any idea on the time? Thanks!

4. Shoegal

Shoegal Active Member

5. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

They're up, guys. Or at least some of them are. Some very nice styles. A lot that are out there (woven and perforated leather, for example).

6. Shoegal

Shoegal Active Member

I think I need to explain how we got these shoes. In the past PS sends all the Grensons back to the factory. After last years "frenzy" PS saw how well we did, so instead of sending the shoes back to Grensons, they desided to sell the shoes outright to us. Yes, we had to pay more for these, that is why they are $350 a pair. I can tell you, that Louie is not going to go down on the price. I can also tell you that these are all FIRST QUALITY and most of them have never been tried on. All the boxes have price stickers from PS saying $678.00.

7. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think I need to explain how we got these shoes. In the past PS sends all the Grensons back to the factory. After last years "frenzy" PS saw how well we did, so instead of sending the shoes back to Grensons, they desided to sell the shoes outright to us. Yes, we had to pay more for these, that is why they are $350 a pair. I can tell you, that Louie is not going to go down on the price. I can also tell you that these are all FIRST QUALITY and most of them have never been tried on. All the boxes have price stickers from PS saying $678.00.

Are any additional styles going to be posted or is this everything?

8. Shoegal

Shoegal Active Member

Right now, this is it. If we get anymore, they won't be MP's. They would be the Italians.

9. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I think this sounds like we can forget a ton of Grensons at the next sample sale.

[​IMG]

10. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

I think this sounds like we can forget a ton of Grensons at the next sample sale.

[​IMG]

Yup, also sounds like Bennie's bought them at the peak sample sale price.

11. Shoegal

Shoegal Active Member

These are not samples. We got most sizes in all 13 styles that came in. If we don't have a size, it is because we have already sold it. These are all 1st quality, they are not damaged or factory seconds. These came straight out of PS stock. Most of them have never been out of the boxes.

12. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

These are not samples. We got most sizes in all 13 styles that came in. If we don't have a size, it is because we have already sold it. These are all 1st quality, they are not damaged or factory seconds. These came straight out of PS stock. Most of them have never been out of the boxes.

Sample sale is really a misnomer. They were also all first run. It was more like a liquidation sale.

13. Shoegal

Shoegal Active Member

FYI...Louie's gone to europe for 2 weeks. They marked down the prices on the Grensons.

14. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Thanks for sharing that..

15. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member