• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ben B

Reaction score
Is it too far off topic to talk socks? Boot socks are one thing, but I also like my dress socks on the much thicker side for use with the bluchers. Size 9 gives me decent toe room while still keeping the heel tight. But I like the comfort of thicker socks and don't mind the extra warmth even in the summer. Any suggestions on brands? I really like Wigwams for boots (and their black does in a pinch for the bluchers.

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it too far off topic to talk socks? Boot socks are one thing, but I also like my dress socks on the much thicker side for use with the bluchers. Size 9 gives me decent toe room while still keeping the heel tight. But I like the comfort of thicker socks and don't mind the extra warmth even in the summer. Any suggestions on brands? I really like Wigwams for boots (and their black does in a pinch for the bluchers.
I am interested in what people have to say. Like many, I went through a crazy sock phase. Now I prefer not to detract from the rest of my fit. I am not a sockless guy except for the rare occasion that I wear shorts. (Sorry Wyatt.)
I also like thicker socks, interested in what the group says.

Ben B

Reaction score
Ahem... nice leather shoes with no socks is an abomination. There I said it. Please keep selling to me though.

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
I use lots of darn toughs which have some on designs but I wear them almost exclusively with boots since they are thicker. For dress I have a lot of thin j crew ones but mostly wear chups, anonymous isms and even some American trench pairs

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First wear of the season . Love the current color of the Dune Ottawas. Started out lighter last year.

20181111_140613.jpg

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For recent topics: I size Leo the same as Barrie and Trubalance. Fit is similar but Leo seems to hug the heel tighter. For boot socks I like Smartwool and Icebreaker.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Snow! And still no socks, Wyatt? You are a die hard, my friend!

Haha. Well actually I am wearing no-show socks. My entire family is like that though, usually going sockless in brooks loafers year round. I have been wearing the sample penny loafers just about every day and have a similar habit with the low cut socks.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha. Well actually I am wearing no-show socks. My entire family is like that though, usually going sockless in brooks loafers year round. I have been wearing the sample penny loafers just about every day and have a similar habit with the low cut socks.
The entire family is going to dump the Brooks loafers when GS loafers come out, right?

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Any of the brooks brothers thin wool dress socks are hard to beat. They have a great feel, noticeably different than the cotton dress socks.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The entire family is going to dump the Brooks loafers when GS loafers come out, right?
I don’t think my grandpa will ever wear anything but the color 8 brooks penny, sockless. Maybe when they need a resole we can sneak a pair of ours into rotation ;)

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

With loafers, the no show socks totally make sense. But with bluchers, how does that feel? I imagine I'd get some pretty gnarly blisters if I tried that myself. Best to break in the shoes first with regular socks? Or do you just need to build calluses in the right spots over time?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads