• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's pretty surprising, though I'm guessing the visibility was kinda limited. Those are going to be some fine boots...

Seems all the visibility came from Instagram where they had a bunch of likes. The GMTO wasn't open very long and I'm not sure how many they were planning or hoping to make.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Had the camera in the factory today and saw the snuff, figured you would like to see an update!

Also, we decided to open a landline for customer service in our US warehouse. If you ever have specific questions about sizing, materials, or shoe care, you can call this number (+1 269 326-7170) from 9am - 4pm EST. My Dad is usually there to answer and is really good with sizing questions or just about any shoe inquiries. Actually, since we started Grant Stone, he has really disliked how everything is online and how difficult it is to have a dialogue with a customer. This was kind of his idea to try and open the communication line a little bit.

2017-09-21 09.56.40.jpg

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had the camera in the factory today and saw the snuff, figured you would like to see an update!

Also, we decided to open a landline for customer service in our US warehouse. If you ever have specific questions about sizing, materials, or shoe care, you can call this number (+1 269 326-7170) from 9am - 4pm EST. My Dad is usually there to answer and is really good with sizing questions or just about any shoe inquiries. Actually, since we started Grant Stone, he has really disliked how everything is online and how difficult it is to have a dialogue with a customer. So this was kind of his idea to try and open the communication line a little bit.

View attachment 845514
Outstanding!

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, we decided to open a landline for customer service in our US warehouse. If you ever have specific questions about sizing, materials, or shoe care, you can call this number (+1 269 326-7170) from 9am - 4pm EST. My Dad is usually there to answer and is really good with sizing questions or just about any shoe inquiries. Actually, since we started Grant Stone, he has really disliked how everything is online and how difficult it is to have a dialogue with a customer. This was kind of his idea to try and open the communication line a little bit.

View attachment 845514
Whoa momma. Thank you for the teaser now I'm even more excited. The color looks spectacular.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 845514
:worship::bounce2::worship2:

FistofFurySC

Reaction score
A few months back, Grantstone mentioned they were looking to put up a couple of calf offerings for the Fall, plus an E width Leo last. Is this still in the works? Don't think I've heard anything since this was first mentioned.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 845514

Received an email from Olof this morning that the boots are completed. Very much looking forward to them.
-Matt

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A few months back, Grantstone mentioned they were looking to put up a couple of calf offerings for the Fall, plus an E width Leo last. Is this still in the works? Don't think I've heard anything since this was first mentioned.
We will have a handful of sku stocked in E widths in the next couple weeks. It should be the first week of October.
With regards to the calf options, we decided to proceed in a different direction this holiday. Is there a certain calf color and pattern you were looking for?

There will be a navy CXL and chocolate veg tan plain toe blucher on a rubber sole. The chocolate will have dark welts. There will also be two new boots on a rubber sole in black and chocolate veg tan leather.

The cap toe balmoral is getting closer. When we expand on our calf articles, it will probably be on this pattern as we can start from scratch. A french calf in antique tan & black would be the basics, also would like to do a brown suede or snuff. Any other ideas?

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 845514

Whoa, that is one slick looking boot.

FistofFurySC

Reaction score
We will have a handful of sku stocked in E widths in the next couple weeks. It should be the first week of October.
With regards to the calf options, we decided to proceed in a different direction this holiday. Is there a certain calf color and pattern you were looking for?

There will be a navy CXL and chocolate veg tan plain toe blucher on a rubber sole. The chocolate will have dark welts. There will also be two new boots on a rubber sole in black and chocolate veg tan leather.

The cap toe balmoral is getting closer. When we expand on our calf articles, it will probably be on this pattern as we can start from scratch. A french calf in antique tan & black would be the basics, also would like to do a brown suede or snuff. Any other ideas?

Good to hear about the E widths coming soon. My right foot is EE (and my left an E), so the E width will hopefully be a boon for me.

As for the calf, I really liked the antique tan sample that was shown earlier in this thread. The darker brown calf you had mentioned also had me intrigued. Would have liked to see both come into fruition, but it's no biggie if you wanted to proceed differently.

Do you have any pictures of the chocolate veg tan PTB? I'm trying to imagine what that color might look like. Dark brown? Medium brown?

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good to hear about the E widths coming soon. My right foot is EE (and my left an E), so the E width will hopefully be a boon for me.

As for the calf, I really liked the antique tan sample that was shown earlier in this thread. The darker brown calf you had mentioned also had me intrigued. Would have liked to see both come into fruition, but it's no biggie if you wanted to proceed differently.

Do you have any pictures of the chocolate veg tan PTB? I'm trying to imagine what that color might look like. Dark brown? Medium brown?

The antique tan should be one of the first calf colors on the cap toe bal.
I don't have a good picture of this new chocolate veg tan leather just yet. When we have some new hides in next month I'll be sure to post a photo. It would probably fall underneath the darker brown category but it is a casual leather.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple photos of the finished antique tan longwing and plain toe. The final color is similar to the British Tan but is different enough to be in it's own category. Since it has less orange hues and has a nice depth, it seems like a better choice for a plain toe. We will try a darker brown (also french calf) now as well to compare and see which to implement first.

This article was originally a very light tan. After lasting we applied two coats of a brown stain to darken/deepen the color. This particular analine calf from Annonay has minimal waxes/resin finish on the top layer which makes it very receptive to stains or creams. The finished color would still be considered a lighter brown (antique tan) but it will be interesting to see how the full pair looks. We will post some photos after some wear.

Any worn-in pix of these?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads